Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

BTB is Fun Again

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:25 pm

As some of you who've been playing with me will note: my internet connection needs to be serviced; I'm dealing with massive lag when I play.

However, I am actually having a lot of fun in BTB again. I ended up really frustrated in Reach over BTB, but the maps and weapons have been fun for me. I'm still learning things and figuring out the locations and balances of the map, but I'm very much looking forward to BTB objective.

Anyone else feeling renewed joy in BTB?
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

brickfungus
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Title: Owner
Gamertag: HWM BrickFungus

Re: BTB is Fun Again

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:31 pm

i am.... again, not sure if it's the game, or all my friends are back... either way i don't care

but i've always like the loadouts in COD & BF, so i really like that. My hog is back, so my nipples are hard for that.
THIS SHOULDN'T BE HERE

I'M A LEGEND IN MY SPARE TIME

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:46 pm

brickfungus wrote:
My hog is back, so my nipples are hard for that.

Ohh myyy!

::tmi::
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

amandanicolee
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: amandanicolee
Tumblr: callmeamandaa

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:34 pm

I agree with this! I didn't much like BTB in Reach but I like playing it on 4 (:

Wheels36
Heroic Wheelman
Heroic Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Wheels

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:41 pm

Yes! It feels a lot more like Halo 3 to me.

The vehicles seem balanced. Not paper mache like Reach, not overpowered like Halo 3.

Wolf
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: WolfNOR
Location: Kaupang south of the real Middleearth,Norway. Ready to enter Valhall The realm of Odin

Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:18 am

Yeah! I really like it.

The fact that a lot of wapons spawn random and that you get wapons as you play better in the game makes it well balanced. The problem sometimes is finding ammo. But when everyone has to kill or help the team to get good wapons, that makes the game, not necessarily better, but different from all other halo games. Since you now can't wait around for good wapons and vehicles to show up. Becouse if you stay around and wait for a hog, the other team all kill and kill and get anti-vechicle wapons.

I really like the new twist, if I would get an exsact copy of all other halo multiplayer games, I would play an old halo game. So, all the differences are for the better considering the motivate one to play.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpwDo6ysP74 My Halo 4 Hogtage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3rgB2BHMyo Part 2

DOM
Legendary Gunner
Legendary Gunner
Gamertag: HWM DOMIN8

Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:05 am

Wolf wrote:
The fact that a lot of wapons spawn random and that you get wapons as you play better in the game makes it well balanced. The problem sometimes is finding ammo. But when everyone has to kill or help the team to get good wapons, that makes the game, not necessarily better, but different from all other halo games. Since you now can't wait around for good wapons and vehicles to show up. Becouse if you stay around and wait for a hog, the other team all kill and kill and get anti-vechicle wapons.

Agreed.

I'd have to alter Sarges original statement and say that Halo is fun again... :D
Retired Admin (even though current "leadership" doesn't acknowledge it.)

Slagathor

Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:36 am

I'm just waiting for btb ctf, then the fun really begins.

WatchGrassGrow
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Grass

Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Apparently they made the vehicles out of metal again instead of plastic. So that's good.
You just read this incredibly tiny text for no good reason, and have nothing to show for it.

Proud Sponsor Of: M3CH4 N1NJ4, Thee Jazzy

Deaf Smith
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman
Gamertag: XDG Deaf Smith

Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:39 pm

Yes it is a lot of fun again. So happy.
#MemorialHogOff
http://twitter.com/#!/halowheelmen
Thanks to HAUT MEDOC for Twitter sig #HAWT

Heroic Wheelman
Heroic Wheelman
Gamertag: AH Haut

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:33 pm

I think we are alone in this friends from other communities have been avoiding BTB like the plague, weird.

Bloody Initiate
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Bloody Initiate

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:57 pm

The community agrees with you about BTB. Consistently the largest population of any playlist.

I've enjoyed what of it I've played, but I found out I was seriously bad when I played with some Wheelmen, who have been playing BTB for all the time I wasn't even playing Halo. First time I jumped in a Wheelmen party everyone's Trueskill for BTB found us a match against people who might know what they're doing. I found I could barely move without getting shot.

I also HATE Vortex, think Longbow is dumb, and find Meltdown almost impossible to run any vehicle on because of the way it loops around on itself so much. I watched a red dot sprint up behind my Mantis from the edge of my motion tracker before I could even try to turn around.

This leaves me with Ragnarok, which is where I used to be good and recently found out I'm bad, and Exile, which is where you have a 50/50 chance of starting with a Gauss, which has to be the stupidest decision I've ever seen in a map that made it to matchmaking. Starting with a slightly shorter sprint to the tank is nowhere near enough to balance that map. You STILL have an absolutely desperate dash you MUST make for that tank or you are going to spend the entire game in pain. Without the mobility perk you are going to WALK into view of the enemy team members who are making the same dash, and that seriously sucks.

I have enjoyed BTB, but I am finding out that wine and cheese age better than I do, in all aspects of Halo 4 and shooters, not just BTB. That's a little hard to take. I was never the best, but it's hard to not even be good anymore. I also just need to finally learn some tactics, an area I have always been weak. I like the grind of being the tip of the spear, but it might be time for me to learn how to crouch in corners with shotguns and hold specific points instead of trying to insert myself into the toughest fighting thinking I'll save the day.
^ Credits to Mics R4 Chumps

Deaf Smith
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman
Gamertag: XDG Deaf Smith

Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:17 pm

I've had sentiments like that, BI.

I had a shocking 0-12, no assist game recently in BTB. I had joined OcR NinjaKitty in a group that had the guy Ariival, etc high levels. Went into BTB. Other team had half their guys 10-15 SR levels above our team's.
Talk about not being able to move.. 80% of my gunfights in that game were 2 on 1's..

Trueskill works. Better than in Reach, I think.
#MemorialHogOff
http://twitter.com/#!/halowheelmen
Thanks to HAUT MEDOC for Twitter sig #HAWT

Bloody Initiate
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Bloody Initiate

Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:30 pm

Deaf Smith wrote:
I've had sentiments like that, BI.

I had a shocking 0-12, no assist game recently in BTB. I had joined OcR NinjaKitty in a group that had the guy Ariival, etc high levels. Went into BTB. Other team had half their guys 10-15 SR levels above our team's.
Talk about not being able to move.. 80% of my gunfights in that game were 2 on 1's..

Trueskill works. Better than in Reach, I think.

Ouch. I am sorry to say I know exactly how that feels. I always believed Trueskill worked, although in Reach Bungie literally meddled with the system. It's a tough thing when a system tells you that everyone you enjoyed playing with previously would be quite a bit better off without you, and it's a system that you know for a mathematical fact does its job well.
Last edited by Bloody Initiate on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
^ Credits to Mics R4 Chumps

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:02 pm

The trueskill works a little too well.
I've kind of fallen out with BTB, due to DMR's and personal ordnance killing it. I strongly feel BTB needs to be BR starts to help cut down on the cross-mapping. If anything I preferred BTB in Reach.

Sig by TuffJuice