Get in the Hog if you want to live!

PirateSolo
'11 HogOff Runner Up - Driver
Gamertag: PirateSolo

I think matchmaking needs a gauss hog map in sandbox

Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:14 am

I for one will spend my xbox live downtime tonight to try to create such a map. If any one else has one or would like to make one please post it here. Hopefully the people at this forum have enough pull to get it in bungees hands.

Capt Fiddler
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Capt Fiddler

Re: I think matchmaking needs a gauss hog map in sandbox

Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:06 am

::panic:: Do it!

We only have one gauss map so far, and Sandbox is easy enough to destroy with the hog in, this is a sick idea.

::hog::
I buy books like some people buy shoes.

Tha Dude63
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Tha Dude63

Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:25 am

EuroFox77 wrote:
We only have one gauss map so far, and Sandbox is easy enough to destroy with the hog in, this is a sick idea.

standoff heavy + sandtrap heavy = 2

it would be an awesome idea tho, more gauss maps in matchmaking
Sarge wrote:
Tha Dude63: Power lurker like none other.

PirateSolo

Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:15 pm

Ok it only took 9 and a half hours to build and 2 hours of testing and tweaking. I put it on my file share under the title "Salutations". It is built for Big team Slayer, Flag, and Neutral Assault. If anyone has the ability to put this in the hands of bungee I would be most greatful.
http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=82634932
Last edited by PirateSolo on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jonesy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: l Jonesy I

Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:45 pm

I may get a little bit of flaming for saying this; as you are the ::hog::

But the Guass is way too overpowered. I understand on a map like sandtrap is works; as there are lots of lasers and other vehicles to counter it; and it is a very big map.

But i think that all the hundreds of killionaires that have been gained from Standoff Heavy have proved that the Guass does NOT work on small-ish maps. The fact that on a map like Standoff with open and contained spawns the guass is truely overpowered and is unfair.

Based on the examples of Sandbox varients in MM already; they are also very open and "spawn trapable" I think having a guass hog would be a major fail.
Don't take life too seriously, or you'll never get out alive

Tha Dude63
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner

Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:04 pm

thats very true, the spawns are way to open and what it will be with a gauss; if you die, dont expect to get of respawn screen.
BUT it depends on the map. on default Sandbox and Wastelands, it will be spawnslaughter for the entire game, but a map like Vindictive will give the lasers a better chance to seek cover, and better chances for respawning footsoldiers to survive.
it totally depends on the map, how it is build and where the cover is and where not
Sarge wrote:

RJ
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM RJ

Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:34 am

Lets have a "see-who-can-park-a-guass-on-the-dunes-first race!"

Guass+Sandbox= ::FAIL::
1/3 of the HWM U-Haul Trifecta

[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

PirateSolo

Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:01 pm

OK, wow. You all assumed way to much. I'm willing to bet none of you looked at the map. Well I played it last night with my crew and the ground pounders took us out! Originally the map had a hornet (the non transport type) and it was such a beast I had to take it off and put the hornet we are all used to on it. I don't really like the hornet but it was the easist way to get up to sniper. The banshee was an option but that too is a spawn killer. so I put one in the middle of the map. No, in this map no hog has an ubber advantage. Please try it out before you flame. Too many people are quick to judge!

P.S. I am still trying to tweak the start spawns so everyone is inside the base at the start.

PirateSolo

Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:06 pm

Lets have a "see-who-can-park-a-guass-on-the-dunes-first race!"

Yeah and get sniped out from spots were your guass gunner can't see. The sniper is soo high that you have to be on your own side of the map to kill him with a hog. I'm telling you my map is fair.

Tha Dude63
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner

Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:21 pm

i downloaded your map and took a quick look at it, it seems really good. the spawns are in the open, but have cover really close. that sniper tower is really high, and might make a sniper vs br fight not fair. maybe there is with a banshee and 2 hornets a bit too much air power on the map. but, because we are dealing with a gauss map here, seeing from the 'neutral gauss perspective' it is a good map for the hog ::thumbs::
also, if you are too high up in the dunes, you dont have an angle on spawners, which makes just all sandbox variants a hard map to drive on :shrug:
Sarge wrote:

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:12 pm

The base is oddly constructed. If vehicles became a problem, people could easily hide in the bases. Also, there is little to no cover on top of the bases.

I do not like how much jumping it takes to reach any of the power weapons. I have to jump for 30+ seconds to reach the human sniper rifle. I have to jump on top of a large, exposed structure to get the laser.

There are too many vehicles on the map.

There is no where to drive the hog. Like Vindictive and Wastelands, it encourages just camping behind the bases. The hogs basically can only take a wide loop around the map to maneuver quickly.

The sniper tower is way too high and it obnoxious to reach without using the Hornet. And personally, I hate when people use assault vehicles as transportation. Moreover, if the sniper already can go so high with such a dominating weapon, why does he also get four pieces of cover?

Sorry, Solo, but I'm not feeling this map.

~Sarge
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Jonesy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: l Jonesy I

Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:21 pm

Solo, i wasn't trying to flame. Or to insult your map or idea.

It's just my personal opinion that the Guass doesn't work on any map. No matter how good the map is; the guass is just way too overpowered.

It's like giving a groundpounder a Sniper rifle that fires Rockets...its never going to be fair on any map
Don't take life too seriously, or you'll never get out alive

PirateSolo

Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:30 pm

Thank you so much Sarge. Your feedback has helped me out the most. I am editing the map as I type. I am switching the laser with camo and removing the cover ontop of sniper. As for the vehicles I wanted people to be forced to work as a team. The average player will choose to pick either hornet or sniper, where as the H3Wheelman player will choose to work as a team and use the hornet to "transport"a team to sniper then become an asset in killing the other team. Thats what I was really going for a team map where no 1 weapon or vehivle could win the game alone. As for the spawns I am moving them around, "tweaking" always takes the most time. Also if you notice rockets are in the base on a quick respawn and next to the mongeese for a reason, and there is a beam rifle at the base of the steps.

If some one gets a chance, bring your crew and will do a quick game, just send me a friend request and put H3WM in the text. But I really like the capture the flag varient just because it takes a real team effort to get to their flag. Please keep up the feedback. I feel that this map could be great.