Capt Fiddler
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Capt Fiddler

Parties in Theatre

Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:22 pm

Posted on the Bungie Weekly Update today,

Theater Mode no longer supports party viewing

There's been a long tradition of viewing films here at HWM for a variety of reasons, from luls to discussing strategy, to just commenting on another's driving/gunning/GPing performance.

What do you guys think about this? How do you think it will affect our ability in terms of strategy and training?
I buy books like some people buy shoes.

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Re: Parties in Theatre

Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:14 pm

-Upload film to fileshare.
-Have everyone download it.
-Go into party chat.
-Have everyone load the film.

Sorted.

Sig by TuffJuice

Bloody Initiate
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Bloody Initiate

Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:41 am

I'm not sure why no one has mentioned the tendency Halo 3 had to give you 8-10 minutes of blackscreen if you attempted to watch a film with a party. I read multiple reviews of Reach where they lamented "no parties in theatre" when often in Halo 3 you'd stop everyone's load times in their tracks if you tried to load a film with buddies from Xbox Live.

How has this been forgotten? Did they fix that problem after I took my long-ass break from Halo 3? Every single time I tried to watch a video with my Xbox Live party I got jammed with Blackscreen until everyone dashboarded.

So in addition to agreeing with Black Knight's simple fix to a simple problem, I feel the "problem" was mostly a non-problem anyway. I wasn't accustomed to watching films with anyone who wasn't in the same room as I was, so I will not miss that ability.

If they made it so you could in ODST I wouldn't know, I never bothered much with the theatre feature of that game.
^ Credits to Mics R4 Chumps

Capt Fiddler
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Capt Fiddler

Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:05 am

Bloody, it was that way with film clips in H3. If you tried to load a film clip with a party, it took FOREVER until it loaded and you could watch it.

However, if you watched a full game file, it usually loaded pretty quickly, so that's what we tended to do.

Oh, and good to see you around these parts again! :wave:
I buy books like some people buy shoes.