Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Laughlyn
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Laughlyn

Re: Dallas Shennanigans, the story so far

Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:32 am

also let me add in a few thoughts and thanks.

these dog tags were def an amazing idea, and im so very happy they went over as well as they did and were liked by all. by the by if all could post up pics of theirs i'd appreciate it, i forgot to take pics before i packed them in their cards.

what do wheelmen do when this happens?

Pineappling rage in dallas, thats what they do!!! had one of the best weekends of my entire life these past few days, more thanks are owed to all who made it than yall can possibly imagine. <3 all yall for reals. even with a plan of "pick everyone up from the airport, check into the suite, then... uhh..... yup" it all went splendidly, and memories were made along with fine friendships solidified as real friends. this is the joy we have spoken of after each of these gatherings we've had, and now there are more to say the same thing. the way i see it i have real friends now {not just voices and words} in Brick and Ivy (herpaderp), Jedi (really?), Dom (OOOOO), Duce (sigh), Psyfire (good game), Yozi ( ), Louie (bacon!) and Zero (cuddle buddy).

will add more but back to the grind for now, sadly. thank you all again for allowing my master plan to work, which was to make us all into true friends ::thumbs::

oh and parting shot right before jedi went through the gate thus ending our adventure... and no this is not a pic of jedi... nor of his mother

PS~ and yes there are waaaaaaaaaaaay more pics and such... an evidently just a little bit of it involves me from what im told =/
brickfungus wrote:
we recruit based on personality and not talent (look at laughy)

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:47 am

Nothing quote worthy from me? Screw you too man....

Lololololololol

Laughlyn
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:28 am

as i said, thats just the stuff i got.
brickfungus wrote:

brickfungus
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Title: Owner
Gamertag: HWM BrickFungus

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:37 am

a few things i learned

iphone running 2 GPS map apps and ipod will drain the battery even while charging

duce's phone, however, is full of win.

i truely AM terrible at halo

i am, however, MLG level at kinect javelin (go go monkey arms)

dom is good at playing "guess that ass"

an amazing trip, with amazing people. went in with some people i knew, left with some true friends. haven't laughed like that in forever and haven't parited that hard in years. i hurt. but totally worth it.

thank you laughlyn for taking a role you don't like and organizing and putting this all together... we give you tons of crap for screwing up, but honestly it all went smoothly so it was easy to pick on the few hiccups that came up. cheers to you my friend, and thanks for the lolz.

i'm loving my tea, zero, thanks for going out of your way for me. i'll kiss your bald head anyday. truly great to talk to you. felt an instand bond there. thanks for the shirts, too. your freakin rock.

duce, i think i gained a good prespective of you this trip. i think much of what you say doesn't come across well in text, but seeing you put your "tone" into prespective. i just feel i understand you better. thanks for your continued dedication.

yozi it was good to get to know you as i pretty much knew nothing about you before the trip. don't be afraid to get on the mic and yell at us or ask us "what the plan is"

chuck you broke every preconception i had about you... thought you were a reseverd guy.... turns out... no. good game, buddy, good game.

dom, you crack me up. pretty sure i could go have beers with you every night... love your laid back style. but put those guns away. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

jedi, you're a weird guy. mad props to the headshot out of amor lock. i do hate you. it's okay for the martial arts guy to get beat in kinect boxing by my wife.

louie..... well keep being louie. and ease up an the salt

thanks for the gifts, laughlyn... seems bassackwards, as louie & I should've had gifts for all you. We got this site proped up to start 2 1/2 years ago, but without you guys and others like you, this thing would've fallen flat on its face a long long time ago. So from the bottom of my heart, just thank you. <3 this has become an amazing community beyond anything i could've dreamed back then. the support we've thrown to people in need blows me away. there are plenty of communites better at halo than us, but i challenge any to comradery and we will pwn them. thank you

work sucks... and since i do work for a Christian non-profit i have to stop greeting people with the finger. it's frowned upon around here.
THIS SHOULDN'T BE HERE

I'M A LEGEND IN MY SPARE TIME

brickfungus
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM BrickFungus

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:16 am

and if everyone will send me the pics they got zipped up (less than 10MB) josh@brickfungus.com , i'll put them on ftp so the other people can download them.

oh and any video you took... i'm making a trip montage and it's gonna rock ::flex:: <-- dom
THIS SHOULDN'T BE HERE

I'M A LEGEND IN MY SPARE TIME

Laughlyn
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:06 pm

the challenge for all (but especially for those who were there) ~ make it through this without laughing... And Zero, put your drink down first please ::thumbs::

The Official HWM Dallas 2010 Theme Song

By Laughlyn, inspired by one 5 word comment by brick this morning...

Sung to the tune of Miley Cyrus' "Party in the USA"

Get to the suite after Whataburger
Everybody's lookin' at me now.
Like "Who's this guy with the goofy grin
Why did we come to this town?"

So hard with new people all around me
More pressure than an Xbox Party.
Lookin' at me like I'm crazy
They all seem so nervous.

My head is spinnin' and i feel like a huge prick
Too much burger and I'm nauseous.
But that's when Duce had a great idea
And the Xbox got turned on

So i put my hands up
I herped and I derped
Everybody's laughin' at me now
Herpin mah derp like yeah
I run into doors like yeah

And I'm makin' fun of Brick's run
Duce's Grand-Ma and even fking JFK
Yeah, it's a party in the Ukraine
Yeah, it's a party in the Ukraine
brickfungus wrote:

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:11 pm

omg laffy

LOL
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

HWM What Name
Apprentice Gunner
Apprentice Gunner
Gamertag: HWM What Name

Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:00 pm

HWM Laughlyn wrote:
I herped and I derped
Everybody's laughin' at me now
Herpin mah derp like yeah
I run into doors like yeah

So.. damn.. AWESOME!

I lol'd. Hard!
What

Yozi
Gunner
Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Yozi

Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:49 pm

The Official HWM Dallas 2010 Theme Song

Ahahahaha... yea, um... challenge failed? ::lol::

So, I'm home... finally(!). There are so many things for me to say about these last few days... but the jetlag is still brutal.... even more brutal than before actually. -.-

BillyBob's (+meeting DDay & Co there), Dealey Plaza, Whataburger, all the other restaurants that were great but that I don't remember the names of, Barq's root beer, Kinect shenanigans, Ivy pwning everyone at kinect boxing, Seriousface Reach matches, lolfais reach matches, curbs and tourist plates (lol), the beer in the hotel bar (thank you, Dom & Zer0), Hooters, all the Rock Band sessions, FaMaS MLG players, tryhard MLG players (we saw the suddoth twins lol), the sunny garden behind the Hilton Anatole (everytime I went by there my mind went "wow" pretty much... I would've taken a picture, but I doubt that would've been able to do it justice), Laffy's herpin'n'derpin <3, the "Body Recieving" sign...

yea, pretty sure this is just the beginning of the list of all the memorable stuff that happened... I'll go through all the pics I took soon enough.

Also, thanks to everyone in 308 (including Louie) for being so welcoming and understanding and generally accepting to the only non-american at the party (Zer0 doesn't count =P). As alien and weird it was at times, it was a great thing getting to know all of you (and Dallas herself). As has been said already, this was more than just meeting the people behind the mics and the gamertags... I left the US feeling eerily similar to as if I'd just said goodbye to a bunch of friends I'd known IRL for years. And that's also why we need to try and do this stuff more often.

Oh and because it needs mentioning or else we'll all forget it: was a bit of shame how everyone except me and (I think) Duce missed Psyfire turning pro with an epic play at that pool table at BillyBob's. To put it in halo-terms: he got a friggin 2-for-1 by jump-shotting over the eightball! ::panic:: Good game Psy! ::lol::

Zer0
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Ah Zer0

Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:34 pm

Epic trip was epic.

between me and yozi the group already covered 21,000 miles for the trip....

OcR LouieBlack
Legendary Wheelman
Legendary Wheelman
Gamertag: OcR LouieBlack

Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:55 pm

i've opened a "reply" window in this thread 3 days straight now... get a really good writeup started.... only to feel i've not done anyone justice. I've done as brick and wrote a little about everyone... only to highlight and erase everything... I'll try again later but I really need to get something in.

Brick and Ivy - so glad you guys made it! Brick could use some Sun and Ivy needs to STOP whomping everyone's butt in kynect boxing ::mrgreen:: but they're both great people, very polite and friendly. SMILES!
There were TONS of hugging going on, but I get to say Brick was the 1st to get one, and it was from me!~
the 1st thing I said to Brick (and Ivy) in person. "All these other mother ::cens:: got a handshake. YOU GET A HUG! Thanks for everything Brick <3

Duce - I rememberd you from Vegas. Nothing new here. ::lol:: I Was a bit suprised however when the 42inch was pulled out of the trunk... even MORE shocked when the 5 CASES of beer were under it! Keep those calfs in peek physical condition broseph.

Laughlyn - ::FAIL:: ::FP:: ... really don't need much more then that... maybe a :wave: and a ::thumbs::
SUPER SILLY MAN! If you read and understood (even slightly) the song above... then you've got a GREAT understanding of mah Lilly. Derpa Herpa

Dom- OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! his love for his team is unmatched! we ALL were screaming OOOOOOOOO! and putting our "O's" above our heads by the end of the trip. SUPER awesome dude, very chill, listens to what you say and puts in his thoughts when called for. OH YEA, his beard is super soft to! It's like a brillo pad had sex w/ a teddy bear <3 I wish i had started stroking it sooner (<--- inb4classicquote)

Psyfireman - I R Sadface. I'm sad cause i missed out on you opening up with the group. You see, each night SOMEONE got 'the most drunk'... and day one was Chuck, and i missed it /cry. It's ok tho cause I R Happyface that you made it to 'the dance' and was able to let your hair down.

Yozi - 1 of 2 that ventured 'across the pond' to mingle w/ us Americans. NONE of us knew what you looked like waiting at the international airport for you man. We were starting to think that you walked right past us and you were lost forever! But then you walked out and we all went YAY!!! You gradually opened up and talked to us and that's ::collab:: . I know i promised you I wouldn't say anything but I really should.
On the way to the airport to drop Yozi off he told me how everyone kept giving him grief for not talking much. He told me the reason WHY he never really said anything was cause 'zer0 never shut up'!~!
HAHAHA! i kid...i kid... but i did see it in his eyes!!! so happy you made the trip Yozilla... you're a baddass guy.

Jedi - The day late entry (lol). I'm still not sure I believe you when you say you're over 17... i just don't see it! You didn't party too hard (at least not with me)... so I don't have any funny stories about you... other then that time I put my ballz on your head when you were sleeping... remember that?!

Zer0 - I saved zer0 for last. Mainly cause IMO... he made this trip. Without him stepping up and making the overseas trip, i doubt we would have had much more then 3-4 people show. THEY ALL CAME FOR YOU!! (accept Yozi, see above). Brick may have had the 1st hug brotha, but you had the most (followed closely by Dom). We talked about it all weekend long, but it's so true. We all made life long friends this weekend, and we WILL see each other again.

Ok ok, it's 20min past my quitting time and my co-workers are wondering why i'm tearing up *sniff*.... more lator
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

DOM
Legendary Gunner
Legendary Gunner
Gamertag: HWM DOMIN8

Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:35 pm

Man I don't know what else to say that already hasn't been said. This trip was absolutely fantastic! It definitely lived up to my expectations and then some. When I booked my tickets back in April, I knew it was going to be a blast. I think it says something that 10 or so pretty much strangers could be in a hotel room for a weekend and be completely comfortable with one another. You guys (and girl :) ) are all awesome! ::thumbs::

I'll put it this way:
I have a lot more real life friends on my friends list now, without having to add a single person.

- Go Ducks!
Retired Admin (even though current "leadership" doesn't acknowledge it.)

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:36 pm

Added to the list of things I learned in dallas... Was reminded today...

12) no one listens to duce's callouts in RL either... :(

Zer0
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Ah Zer0

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:49 am

LOL duce, you were mostly muted apparently - dont worry we still ::collab:: you

brickfungus
Role Unknown
Role Unknown