Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

House of Cards & Content Binging.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:07 am

I recently finished watching Netflix's latest original show, based off the original UK show. I must say that it is fantastic. It's about the House Majority Whip's ruthless quest to advance his position after he's passed over for a position.

The show is plot- and dialogue-driven, and the main character often breaks the fourth wall to tell us his inner thoughts. It's been fascinating to get the inner thoughts of a cold, ruthless character. We follow Francis, the congressman and house majority whip; his wife, Claire; a reporter named Zoe; and another Congressman from Philadelphia.

This show feels more like watching a book than watching a show. Because we're given the entirety of the show at once, you can proceed at your own pace when watching it, and the show is even divided into 13 chapters. It's fantastic, and all of you should check it out. Even if you don't have Netflix, you can at least enjoy the first episode for free. Now, like a book, I will wait for probably 6-12 months or more for the next installment of this epoch. HBO should be worried, because Netflix is $8 I happily pay every month for the content I enjoy. I don't have to jump through more than $100/month of hoops to enjoy HBO.

Discuss here.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Slagathor

Re: House of Cards & Content Binging.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:19 pm

HBO should be worried, because Netflix is $8 I happily pay every month for the content I enjoy. I don't have to jump through more than $100/month of hoops to enjoy HBO.

It would be a real laugh, to see "HBO" become a victim of netflix's ruthless takeover of the televised entertainment market like that of blockbuster.

Storm 0ne
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman
Gamertag: Storm 0ne

Re: House of Cards & Content Binging.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:59 am

What was up with all those PlayStation plugs? The one for the Vita was shameless. I guess it pays the bills