Get in the Hog if you want to live!

M3CH4 N1NJ4
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM M3CH4 N1NJ4

I Dream of Duce (dream topic)

Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:20 am

Ok, so I figured it be an interesting idea to talk about the weirdness of dreams we all have. Let me just say from the getgo that we are not going to post anything in violation of the code of conduct, let's keep the discussion as /normal/ as possible.

So, as you all might have guessed, this thread stemmed from a weird dream I had. It was about driving through an exagerated hilly section of Texas and then getting help on the intercom from Duce.

I've had a huge collection of dreams I've written down over the years. One of my goals is to see if I can lucid dream.

Anyone else?
People I owe sodas: Sarge, Duce, Brick, Waldebie

hel monkey
Heroic Gunner
Heroic Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Hel Monkey

Re: I Dream of Duce (dream topic)

Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:55 am

I've got nothing for today, but I like the idea of this thread. I'll try to get on and post right after I wake up from my next weird dream.

brickfungus
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Title: Owner
Gamertag: HWM BrickFungus

Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:57 am

M3CH4 N1NJ4 wrote:
It was about driving through an exagerated hilly section of Texas and then getting help on the intercom from Duce.

was he yelling at you about doing it wrong?
THIS SHOULDN'T BE HERE

I'M A LEGEND IN MY SPARE TIME

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:02 am

brickfungus wrote:
M3CH4 N1NJ4 wrote:
It was about driving through an exagerated hilly section of Texas and then getting help on the intercom from Duce.

was he yelling at you about doing it wrong?

My name isn't Bobby, I try not to backseat drive.

Laughlyn
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Laughlyn

Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:09 am

I do enjoy the hilly parts of Texas very much. I also like the idea of this thread, but it's rare that I wake up remembering my weird dreams. Though I will try to remember to post something here next time I do.
brickfungus wrote:
we recruit based on personality and not talent (look at laughy)

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:05 am

I actually lucid dream a lot in color. I never really see faces, just a sense of knowing who someone is.

When I was younger, at every new school I was at, I'd have a dream of the school being attacked by ninja monkeys and we'd have to flip the chalkboard and get weapons and guns and go fight them. It was weird.

Last night I had a dream where I was on a mission to get something done but couldn't find a truck that we needed, but then I also kept flipping to a dream where I had to keep jumping into a lake to traverse and avoid getting eaten by an alligator the whole time.

It's an odd sensation. I can often tell when I'm dreaming, but I know that if I take too much conscious control of it, I'll wake up, so I often choose to stick with the dream to see what my unconscious is up to.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

M3CH4 N1NJ4
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:15 am

Sarge wrote:

When I was younger, at every new school I was at, I'd have a dream of the school being attacked by ninja monkeys and we'd have to flip the chalkboard and get weapons and guns and go fight them. It was weird.

Sarge wasted no time, he saw ninjas and immediately went for guns.

Reminds me of the only time I came within inches of a lucid dream. I blasted a grizzly bear with lightning.

Biggles
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM TheBigL

Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:37 am

I had a recurring dream as a child that still occasionally pops up where I am alone in the Hollywood hills area at night.

Starts off pretty basic. I am at a strip mall, late at night, ground is wet from some rain.. typical setting for some sort of armed gas station robbery you'd see in the movies. Something happens and next thing you know, I am running for my life and being pursued by something or someone.

Eventually, I end up back at the strip mall, out of breath, looking for an escape. That's when a Limousine pulls up and the door opens. I hop in thinking this is my way out of this situation.

The back of the limo is dark and I can't see who it is sitting across from me, until their eye lights up red. Sure enough, it was the Terminator himself that was chasing me, and eventually lured me into the limo. Easy kill.

That is when I wake up.

hel monkey
Heroic Gunner
Heroic Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Hel Monkey

Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:56 am

I had a few reoccurring dreams dreams as a child.

One: I'm swimming at the beach, I get caught in a rip tide and am swept far offshore. I end up on a small island with a decrepit wooden house in the middle. Inside the house is a witch who immediately begins chasing me. I hide in the exact same series of bushes, trees, broken down chicken coop, pile of logs, only to be found over and over, chased over and over, until I am caught and wake up. Then I'd go back to sleep and have the same dream again that same night.

Two: I'm on the playground a my elementary school. I'm swinging on the swing set. Its dark, middle of the night. the wind begins to blow exceptionally hard. A dark figure with a sword approaches from far away, steadily and slowly. I get off the swings and run in the oposite direction. The wind is so strong I can make no ground, I run as hard as I can only to remain stationary. This dream never lasted enough for me to get caught, just struggled for hours.

Jackie
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Title: Developer
Gamertag: HWM Jackie

Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:02 pm

I pretty much never remember my dreams anymore. I occasionally have a dream that wakes me up which I remember, but if I sleep through the night I have no memories of any dreams.

Last night I had a dream that woke me up where I was crawling through some tight space and hit this big spider/bug nest and I got covered in spiders/bugs. They started crawling in my mouth and I woke up. My mouth was open and super dry from the heat being on in my house. SO I guess my brain was like, dry mouth... must be filled with bugs.

I watched the movie IT when I was like 5-6, had dreams about putting a VHS in the VCR and it wouldn't go in. I would flip the little flap up with my finger and inside the VCR would be a tiny floating Pennywise the Dancing Clown head laughing.

Had a dream about zombies once that woke me up, was hiding in my ceiling surrounded by sprayed insulation. Suddenly I felt one of the zombies break through the ceiling in front of me and start crawling towards me through the insulation and I woke up just as it grabbed me.

Cheeseball
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Cheeseball

Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:09 pm

There was always one really really weird dream that stood out for me, I think i had it during my middle school days.

Basically it was happening shortly before i woke up, I remember myself climbing out of a manhole and throwing aside the cover and looking up into a really purpley sky/haze and there was a bunch of dolphins standing upright on land looking down at me, and one of them had on a big sash that said "MAYOR". Then my mom woke me up for school; I sat in bed for a good 10 minutes trying to figure out wtf I was just seeing
Helljumpers Old Guard

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:13 pm

I'm also curious how many people know if they dream in color or not?
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:17 pm

I do. I'll write up one or two later

M3CH4 N1NJ4
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:23 pm

Sarge wrote:

I recall dreaming in color. I keep a dream log, and as far as I know, I've only once had a sepia toned dream.

I've heard you can't read while in a dream state. I do remember recognizing and remembering numbers though.

Biggles
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM TheBigL

Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:29 pm

Sarge wrote:

Is dreaming in color rare or odd?

As far as I know, I almost always dream in color..