THIS SHOULDN'T BE HERE

I'M A LEGEND IN MY SPARE TIME

Muffin
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Muffin

Re: The Fitness Corner

Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:30 pm

Suddenly, a thread full of pictures of men's legs!

Also, @cinco, it's equal parts body image, having a goal to keep me motivated diet wise, and for intramural/pick up sports. I play a lot bigger than my body, and when I was at 190 I was finding myself able to use my leverage and aggressiveness to take on the biggest guys on the court/field. I'm not the best basketball player, But I beat up a D1 O-Linemen in the post when I was at 190 just because I threw my weight around so well

Jackie
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Title: Developer
Gamertag: HWM Jackie

Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:45 pm

Muffin wrote:

That's not a bad thing though. ::winkwink::

Muffin
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:56 pm

I'm telling tom

CINCO
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM Cinco

Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:10 pm

Muffin wrote:

Also, @cinco, it's equal parts body image, having a goal to keep me motivated diet wise, and for intramural/pick up sports. I play a lot bigger than my body, and when I was at 190 I was finding myself able to use my leverage and aggressiveness to take on the biggest guys on the court/field. I'm not the best basketball player, But I beat up a D1 O-Linemen in the post when I was at 190 just because I threw my weight around so well
I understand, I was and am the same way. try to focus on the movements and strength more than the weight itself. I know weight does matter, but like i said it will naturally come with the strength. No sense being 200+ and not being able to shoot or jump correctly in the case of basketball.

When I was 170ish i'd never think about playing fullback, but when I was at 210 it was great.
[redacted]

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:10 am

What is happening?
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Jazzy
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Jazzy

Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:13 am

Sarge wrote:
What is happening?

Muffin wants to be heavier for when you push him over ::lol::
Last edited by Jazzy on Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
I do not sponsor recruits for clan status

Muffin
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:30 am

Not gunna happen

The1 NinjaKitty
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: The1 NinjaKitty

Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:39 am

I got a weekly membership at a gym just outside Minneapolis that pays me 11/hr to go there. Only problem is they have no heating or AC and they just give you random weights to lift 700 times an hour for 3-5 hours.

I hope I can get a promotion and go to an actual gym. I'd love to learn boxing or something.
"Don't talk smack, just carry harder."

Kitty's Happy Place

spartankeb
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM SPARTAN KEB

Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:49 am

I only drink more water at work, cut back from drinking a 2 liter of regular so day a day to drinking 2 to 3 cans of diet soda at work, then water, for lunch I have veggie burgers, and my job is basically a workout without AC.

Muffin
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:45 am

Update on my progress: everything hurts and I want to die

dodgingRuby
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: dodging ruby

Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:04 pm

"The gym is for people who's lives are to boring to burn off all the calories they eat"

Wow. If I'm being honest when I first read this quote I didn't know what to make of it. I wanted to defend the gym and my routine as it's been a part of me for so long. The more I dwelt on the statement though the more I came to realize how convicting it is. I've always been a regular gym attender, never for any particular reason other than to keep fit and maintain a healthy lifestyle so I can live forever. I play in a few city rec sports throughout the year and get out with friends for pickup games whenever I can. This statement really kind of made me realize how much more I could be doing to achieve that goal outside of the gym. The closest example I can think in my life for this was last fall when I tried out some jiu-jitsu classes. I am 6'3" at 180 lbs and I was getting dominated by everyone in class. Rightfully so as my technique was beyond deplorable but it wasn't just that. I lacked so many of the sport specific strengths that are required to be somewhat proficient. My grip strength lacked, my neck was weak, flexibility wasn't there, and legs just weren't up for the task ahead of them. However, after each and every class I felt as though I was getting a full workout in and I had the terrible body odor and sweat to prove it. I haven't been able to keep up with the classes but I plan on getting back into it when I have the time. Maybe make my life a little less boring!

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Swift
Tumblr: throwinsixes

Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:10 am

It's true though. I mean my previous job was labour intensive so even though I never realised it I was. As I Ally working out my body every day. Since I have left that job I've felt my energies go down, things tire me out more easily, I'm just less active in general. I just never really picked up on it because it was my job, it wasn't something I set out to do so that I was being physically fit and getting some exercise. It came about naturally as a bi product of my lifestyle.

Sure I could have done more outside of work because I wouldn't do anything else, but now not having regular 8hour shifts where I was constantly on my feet lifting and pushing and pulling and just working out. I notice even more so how inactive my lifestyle is.

Mzoga
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM Mzoga

Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:12 am

If it wasn't so embarrassing to me, I'd show you all pictures of myself over the years to show what happened to me as my lifestyle changed from running around like a loon in college to being a sedentary office drone. Now I just have to make a conscious effort to keep moving/doing things in order to keep from falling back into that sort of lifestyle. Some days it is just a drag.

dodgingRuby
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: dodging ruby

Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:38 pm

I don't know how it would work exactly but I want to try and coax at least one of you into a workout regiment that we can do weekly. Track progress towards an agreed upon goal for some friendly competition. I have always been a solo gym goer, I like to lift and workout on my own schedule without having to worry about a partner but I also thrive off the friendly competition that happens when you workout with someone. I figure going about it on here gives me the best of both worlds! Having a bit of accountability with even just one person can really help and be that mental push that drives a real positive change. Over the past 5 years or so I can say that working out really helps not just with physical strength but also physical and mental health. Just spit balling here but it could function something like this:

Agree upon a program to follow
    Look at days that we can fit working out into (consistently)
    Check in weekly and chat with how things are going and the progress

I've done a lot of crazy physical challenges in my life and they were almost all sparked because someone offered up a friendly challenge or some kind of push. It's been awhile for me and since I've fallen out of a consistent workout schedule, I thought something like this would be perfect. Also, all of you seem pretty great, so why wouldn't I want to get to know you all better?!