Get in the Hog if you want to live!

KosKo
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: KosKo

Re: Origin of your GT...

Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:53 am

Mine was passed down to me from my uncle who had been in the fire service for 37 years. When you are a FF EVERYBODY goes by last names. It's part of my last name and the capital K's are the first letters of my first and last name. I can honestly say that I worked with some great people who I forgot their first name due to using last name/nicknames. I love reading the stories of how names came about. @JP Sorry for your loss.

YellowTailx
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM YellowTailx

Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:19 pm

YellowTail was spawned from a young high schoolers obsession with punk rock. The Vandals were my favorite band at the time and had a song that mentioned "winking at mass murder of the Yellow Tail" and for some reason it stuck with me while I was creating my first xbox live experience for Halo 2! I will include the track, should curiosity arise! Rock onward and upward!

"By Grabthar's hammer...you shall be avenged!" - RIP

Waldebie
Contest Loser
Contest Loser
Gamertag: HWM Waldebie

Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:28 pm

Waldebie = the name of my ugly bald gnome lock from WoW about 10 years ago. It is also always available as a username, and makes absolutely no sense
------The La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo?!------

Jester
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM Jester

Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:11 pm

Well my real name is Jesse, so, I gave myself the nickname Jester. And when I played runescape back in the day, I put in Jester, and Jester1194 was a recommendation so I went with it.

Fundastraz
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: The Fundastrazs

Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:50 pm

And here, mine was made up for a D&D game I played several years ago. Nothing special... Except that no one can properly pronounce it.

Monster
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Title: Admin
Gamertag: HWM Monster

Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:15 pm

I just decided one day to stick with monster. It eventually led to M o n cs t e r, where cs are my initials.

CINCO
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM Cinco

Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:31 pm

My name is Richard _____ _____ the 5th

A friend of mine found out and stared calling me cinco and it stuck. I actually had the original cinco but it expired and I had a free gold card and never was able to get cinco back so now I have clnco
[redacted]

Dragon
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM Dragon

Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:08 pm

Once upon a time there was a 12 year old boy sitting there playing his Xbox 360 and one day he came the conclusion... "Dragons are Pineappling cool." And thus, it stayed that way, even to this day.

"You know what they say, once you go dragon, the rest is just laggin'."- T.J. Klune

SMOG
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM SIVIOG1

Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:13 pm

When I was a teen I used to do graffiti by the name of SMOG1. So when I went to create an email SMOG1 was taken so I found the next best thing to look like SMOG and that was SIVIOG1. Most people will call me Smog, Siv, Sivi or siviog which I respond to them all. lol

LexiWatson
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: Cupcake Vista

Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:29 am

My gamertag came from one of my favorite places to eat at in isla vista called crush cakes and they were known for their cupcakes. So I put together Cupcakes and then Vista from isla Vista and that's how I got my gamertag.
~ Killed by Silence ~

Mauro Fire
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Mauro Fire

Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:39 pm

Mauro Fire:
Mauro, the short for my middle name and what my friends and family call me by.
Fire, relates more to a state of mind. Like my own motto, I keep it within me.

ZRob72
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: ZRob72

Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:42 pm

Since I was 14 I've been a fan of the Datsun/Nissan Z cars, Rob for my name, and 72 for year I was born. Cheesy but its uniquely me.

DethShed51
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: DethShed51

Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:45 pm

My name started out as an attempt to do "Death's Head" in a 'clever' fashion. But when I saw that it looked like 'Death Shed' it sounded way funnier, so I've kept it ever since. That was all the way back in H2.

Mzoga
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM Mzoga

Tue May 17, 2016 9:06 am

I used to go by Lyden and/or Lynden when playing various games, going all the way back from when I played D&D as a kid. When I played LOTRO, I got temp banned for using the surname "Johnson" with Lynden (some people just so serious about being in character), so I switched it to Mzoga -- which means corpse in Swahili.

Lyden wasn't available when I made my gamertag, so I went ahead and used Mzoga. Exciting, I know. I've occasionally thought of changing it, or at least dropping the M, but there has always been a bit of amusement listening to randoms struggle to figure out how to say it.

Browntown
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: Brownpacolypse

Tue May 17, 2016 12:37 pm

Newbie here but thought I'd chime in:

My first tag in original XBL was Night Panda, from the awesome Jackass skit. The link to the inspiration skit is:

When I got an Xbox 360 I decided to do something more cultural (I'm Brown) with a Halo twist, so I went with Browntrocity. Logical follow-up account when I got a new Xbox One was Brownpacolypse :D (unfortunately made it drunk so I swapped the "o" and "a" and don't have the will to pay $$ to fix my idiot spelling)