Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Apathy
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Apathy

Re: Good Games: Invasion!

Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:50 pm

Yeah, I've done that a couple times, it does work really freaking well, and I think it should also be a strategy option, but I haven't talked to srage about it

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:02 am

Nagrola and I went into Matchmaking as randoms tonight and had a decent run.

Started off pretty bad when we played a party of six searching for Invasion Slayer on Hemorrhage, but then won 3-0 on Spire (we went +12 together). Then we won 3-0 on Boneyard (went +10 together). After that, we went back to Spire to 3-0 some guys playing for kills (went +10 together again). On Spire again, we tied 2-2 in a really sloppy game (we went +28 together, though).

Now we reach the main reason I made this post.

Tonight, Nagrola and I ran into OmFg iiNsTiNcT's full party of 6 two times in a row. We won the Boneyard game 2-0, but tied the Spire game 0-0. Instinct rage quit after we skunked them in the first part of Spire. As the record stands, I have not lost to those guys yet.

Here's the game links.

Boneyard: 2-0
Spire: 0-0 (I got 9 needler kills on them (dance) )

So, our record for the night is 4-2-2.

Good games, Nagrola. It was fun.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:44 am

4vs6 Win Invasion

I'm surprised we managed to win this game when we down two players but we pretty much did everything right with some crucial heads up plays.

Tier 2 screenshot in game:

Sig by TuffJuice

An A10 Pilot
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: An A10 Pilot

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:05 pm

Very nice! Two questions,

1) What happened to Sarge and RJ? did they lag out?

2) Was oblivion mr t, and Yozi the blonde guy immediately to his right? ::lol:: ::lol::
How do Reavers clean their ships? They put them thru the Wash. :)

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:42 pm

The game blackscreened during tier 1 and RJ and I got kicked out.

RJ
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM RJ

Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:36 pm

An A10 Pilot wrote:
1) What happened to Sarge and RJ? did they lag out?

Sarge wrote:
The game blackscreened during tier 1 and RJ and I got kicked out.

They was all like "Woah, this RJ guy pulls massive host!! DAS BOOOT!!! and his Sarge friend too!"
1/3 of the HWM U-Haul Trifecta

[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:48 pm

We ran into Instinct again today on boneyard which was a pretty good match.

Game Link

2-0 victory

Sig by TuffJuice

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:21 pm

Cruckeyee and I decided to search as randoms this afternoon. Two of our guys signed out of the lobby (probably because we didn't vote for Invasion Slayer on Hemorrhage. Then, for some reason the game decided to leave me and Cruckeyee without battle buddies. We ended up played 4v6. We lost 2-0, but I dropped 41 kills in the game.

+31 on Spire, 2-0 loss

Cruckeyee
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Cruckeyee

Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:24 am

Me, Sarge, Azn and Yozi went up against a team 6, two of which where from the UEG clan today.
We wanted to keep Invasion: Spire whilst they and the randoms of our team wanted to play Spartan Skirmish on Boardwalk.

Started out even until around 15 kills mark, where we started pull away greatly. One of them quit out after awhile, which if funny considering it was them that wanted to play Skirmish to begin with. Soon after one more quit.
At this point we started to push into their spawn (they only had two base spawns that they could choose except teammates.) After that it was pretty much game over for them. I still have mixed feelings about Skirmish, it could very well have been us getting spawn killed.

Game

The time has come, and so have I

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:03 pm

We played a game against some Invasion regulars who got matched together against us, but the game blackscreened at the start. The spawns broke, allowing everyone to spawn on everyone. Turned into a really tough game, but we managed to get to Tier 3 (despite them having multiple guys in the pipes). Might have been able to cap if iBullz3ye hadn't been waiting at our Banshee spawn. On defense, we managed to skunk them, but it wasn't easy

Game Link

Cheeseball
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Cheeseball

Re: Good Games!

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:45 pm

Just for lolz, i tried searching against this party:

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/games ... Cheeseball

smack talk in pre-game lobby, i declared that i was going to stick Sarge

Me: I'M GONNA STICK YOU SARGE
Sarge: Hah no chance! You'll have to get lucky and spawn bravo first

not 30 seconds into tier 1, i stick Sarge on my first push up Bravo ::flex::

(video soon to follow)
somehow i manage to go positive when 4 of my team quits out
Helljumpers Old Guard

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:16 pm

Cheeseball did a good job cleaning us up in lobby. We tried to leave you alone after your team quit, but you were all like "I'm Cheeseball! Ima fight you!"

Cheeseball
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Cheeseball

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:33 pm

Sarge wrote:
Cheeseball did a good job cleaning us up in lobby. We tried to leave you alone after your team quit, but you were all like "I'm Cheeseball! Ima fight you!"

Nah, you told me to go hide, so i sat at a spawn talking to RJ for a bit, then as soon as i left he shotgunned me.
So then i returned the favor :D
Helljumpers Old Guard

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:49 pm

So, RJ and I tend to play as randoms during the afternoons when no on else is on. We don't expect to win very often, but it's still fun to play. We get a game on Spire and start off as Elites. We spawn on the far left (Mountain Road/Alpha), and most of the Spartans rush the far right (Cliff Cave/Bravo). Our middle team doesn't head over there as the Bravo is under attack, leaving our Bravo guys to get wrecked. The tier ends and our Bravo guys quit immediately.

RJ and I, the warriors we are, do not quit. We continued fighting. We held the Spartans off for most of tier 2, but they overran us at the end (I ran out of grenades to throw :shrug: ). At the start of Tier 3, they managed to steal our banshee, but we eventually drained and killed it. With the game on the line, I grabbed the banshee and killed the core carrier right before he capped. Through some solid teamwork, we manage to stop the Spartans from scoring the core.

On offense, RJ and I immediately pushed up into Alpha. We aren't sure where the Elites went, but we managed to capture the tier on our first push without dying. After the Tier ended, and with a few fights around the sniper spawn, I managed to clear the area and get our sniper up. RJ pushed into the Spire with Rockets, but there were too many there. With 30 seconds left in the Tier, I pushed into the Spire with RJ. I no-scoped two elites on the ring, and tossed a few grenades. RJ went into armor lock at the last second and captured the Tier in sudden death. We'd tied the game!

They got their banshee up early, but then this happened. We tried to steal their banshee twice during Tier 3 to get some form of map control, but we were unsuccessful. Rather than try to out-fight 6 Elites that controlled their banshee, our rockets, and our sniper rifle, we lifted up into the Spire with their fuel rod and killed them as they tried to clear us for the rest of the game. Our two remaining teammates continuously dropped the core down, but the banshee killed them every time.

We may have been down 2 guys for the entirety of the game, but we still tied and performed well, going collectively 46-8-28.

Game Link

Yozi
Gunner
Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Yozi

Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:27 pm

Spire 0-0 tie against Thai Luder's party of 6

2-1 Win against G R A V l T Y's party of 6... we almost had the core across the bridge IIRC, but I choked in the Banshee (as usual) due to forgetting to watch out for their laser and flipping the wrong way while targeted by it. -_- Our wraith also got boarded/destroyed at the time.

How do I Banshee Pro? ::help::