Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Slagathor

Re: Matchaking Strategy Sessions This Weekend

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:48 pm

I'll be down for a couple of games, perhaps some time tonight and tommorow in the evening. I do feel however that twisted raised an excellent point with regards to making strategies; As a result of randoms, perhaps we need to broaden our horizons and get more games in with mixed parties/randoms. That should give us a better understanding of the "random sense" on both sides.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:49 pm

Got swamped by family stuff today. Sorry to everyone hoping for me to be on earlier this evening.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:31 pm

I'm really tired and need to get some sleep, but I made a number of important realizations tonight while studying forge. I will post results in the morning when I get to the office.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Re: Matchaking Strategy Sessions

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:01 am

Quick Update:

I'd like to try this again. Couple things:

• Be prepared to lose a lot
  • Try to stay positive
  • Be constructive

We need to remember that we're in a new game and that we're not dominant yet. After almost two years of being damn-near unbeatable in Invasion, we've got to get used to the fact that we haven't figured everything out yet in Halo 4. We also have got to keep our frustrations under control (this goes for me too). Everyone's having issues adjusting, but we've got to tone it down in games and stay positive.

To help a bit, I wrote two posts today about some of these issues:
The New Awareness Problem
Dominion Discussion

Also, I'd like to focus on learning some of the callouts more. That should help a lot.

MrGreenWithAGun
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: MrGreenWithAGun

Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:46 pm

Black Knight wrote:
...Aside from that I've been using the banshee a lot which I enjoy more so than Reach.

Isn't it a nice improvement? The feel in your hand when accelerating, the more natural movements during flight, the fact that it isn't a killer machine any more... I especially love making a hard 90 degree bank during acceleration, it flies like what you expect a war plane would.

MrGreenWithAGun
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: MrGreenWithAGun

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:12 am

I was looking at the spawning setup of the dominion maps. Here are some things to consider.

When a team captures a base, except under very unusual circumstances, they will spawn around or in that base only.

When a team captures two bases, they will spawn around or in those two bases only.

When a team does not own any bases, they will spawn anywhere except in a base - unless a teammate is already in the base.

One might conclude that in a linear layout, each team would capture their respective ends and then are limited to those ends. The team that captures the middle gains more flexibility to spawn across two thirds of the map, while the other team only their third.

If Red captures A and C, while Blue captures B, then Red will be spawning on either side and Blue will be stuck spawning in the middle.

By capturing the middle and allowing the other team to hold their end, you trap them on one end of the map and can hold them back from getting past Bravo.

By capturing all three bases, you open up the ability for the opposing team to spawn anywhere across the map again - except that they won't spawn due to extermination phase unless they capture a base again.
Last edited by MrGreenWithAGun on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

imweakusee
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: imweakusee

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:48 am

ive been playing Dominion alot. so much so one of the commendations is already mastered. im really enjoying it. it reminds me a bit of invasion with the idea of territory control and id love to get in a lobby with you guys and get some games in. My work schedule hates me right now so ill mainly be on after 11pm est and usually before 12pm est. if im on toss me an invite.