Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Deadpool MF
Gunner
Gunner
Gamertag: Deadpool MF

Big Team Strategies...

Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:17 am

Saw this over on Reddit, the "R/terminal" subreddit specifically, But thought you guys might enjoy it...

Spoiler: show

Here is a link if this site makes it too small to read

Although I completely disagree with the "Reminder". In general yes, its a good rule of thumb. BUT. If you pay attention to where Red team is spawning, and you get them spawning over in the corner closer to Tank Spawn, You can easily go and sit in Red Base for a second or two and Pick up some major Multikills.

Granted this should be done sparingly and when you are almost SURE no Red is being sneaky and waiting to Plasma the crap outta your hog.

Wolf
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: WolfNOR
Location: Kaupang south of the real Middleearth,Norway. Ready to enter Valhall The realm of Odin

Re: Big Team Strategies...

Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:37 am

Good stuff :)
Got any more? :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpwDo6ysP74 My Halo 4 Hogtage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3rgB2BHMyo Part 2

Deadpool MF
Gunner
Gunner
Gamertag: Deadpool MF

Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:56 am

Nope, He said he's going to work on more... Wants to build some for every map and both team sides...

But so far nothing.

Although He did refer to himself as a Wheelman... I was half expecting someone to respond and say, "Yeah, thats been posted here for a month, its 'SoandSo's graphics he's been making."

Legundo
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman
Gamertag: Legundo

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:49 am

O hai there.

brickfungus
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Title: Owner
Gamertag: HWM BrickFungus

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:55 am

Legend Zero wrote:
O hai there.

LMAO ::lol:: ::lol:: ::lol::
THIS SHOULDN'T BE HERE

I'M A LEGEND IN MY SPARE TIME

Legundo
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:03 am

It's been a while I know!!!

Ill update my profile and stuff when I get home tonight.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:11 pm

brickfungus wrote:
Legend Zero wrote:
O hai there.

LMAO ::lol:: ::lol:: ::lol::

Long time, no see, Legend. :wave:
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Legundo
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Waving back.

I honestly had totally forgotten my pass and had this on an old email. Deadpool posted on my reddit thread and reminded me to stop by.

Bloody Initiate
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Bloody Initiate

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:02 pm

I like the views presented on the Gauss and on the tank. I especially like the suggestion of having different strategies for controlling it or destroying it, since the Scorpion is the only valuable neutral asset.

That being said, I see a couple problems with the overall strategy.

First: It's all about blue team. If you're blue team you already have an advantage, so they're talking about pressing that advantage which mostly involves keeping your Gauss alive. This may seem like stating the obvious, but I'd like to see more strategic energy devoted to more difficult aspects of a game in Exile, like starting as red team.

Second: 1 guy to Bravo? I've been that 1 guy before, and he will not succeed. I spent the entire game dying just to suppress the red team in Bravo, I couldn't get INTO Bravo, I couldn't even fully cover it, I just gave them something to shoot at so they wouldn't peak out and destroy our Gauss. (Control Center = Bravo btw)

Red team does this: Go to tank, tank dies no matter who gets into it. Go to Bravo. Guys who don't get tank GO TO BRAVO or they jump into the tunnels around Tank spawn. Maybe 1-2 guys go to banshee because they're willing to risk getting PWNed by the Gauss crossing the bridge. You also get some cowards like me who pull back into the base with the sniper rifle.

The tank rush is important, but no one gets to win it. It goes like this: People get out of their gooses and they race to the tank. Even when they're feeling like fighting they want to get in the tank because it's the only thing that stops people from DMRing them in the head. Foot soldiers from both sides swarm the tank, and most of them die as does the tank. As soon as you get in the tank you have someone board you and vice versa. You can almost never kill a soldier boarding a vehicle before they plant their grenade, and once they do it stops mattering. The only way you pull it out of there is luck, because even if you survive long enough to pull it a few feet forward there's a plasma pistol waiting for you from red team or rockets from blue team or a Gauss hog. It's a massive futile waste of lives, but it's one you have to make.

Meanwhile blue's only direct entry into Bravo denies it Line of Sight on the majority of the interior. This means you can't attack without exposing yourself, which red team can (Their grenades land where you will be, your grenades land where they were). Banshee spawn DMRs can put shots on people who are already screwed, but not on anyone who poses a threat.

You can let red team have Bravo and just hang your Gauss back further, but you then rely on getting your kills against idiots and stragglers and I doubt there will be many of those on a good team. A good team will turtle hard in Bravo, send a small squad of 2-3 guys to kill anyone in Banshee spawn, and control tank spawn from Bravo. They then have multiple angles on the Gauss and they won't stick their heads out until they can destroy it. Now your primary assets are the smouldering remains of your Gauss Hog and a lot of open field.

Blue team is definitely set up to win in this map, but without Bravo you're just hoping to get enough kills with your Gauss that the red team can't make them up before the game ends.

A team IN Bravo can hold Bravo. Tank spawn remains up for grabs throughout the game because it's such a weak position people holding it are just hiding, not defending. Banshee spawn folds against any attack on it. It seems easy enough to defend but that's only if you have Bravo or if Bravo isn't looking at you, in actuality the team that pushes it harder gets it, and then they can be pushed out of it just as easily. The banshee itself is a pretty weak asset, its spawn is better used for sniping than for spawning a banshee (Banshee spawn is easy enough to escape).

Gauss Spawn and Tank Spawn are both hard to control, but that's why Blue gets to win because just once in the match they get one of them uncontested.

I don't know how to do awesome in this map as red team, but I do know it's not much of a chore to do awesome as Blue team. Hopefully they'll fix the map so that the best strategy isn't vetoing it, but until then I suggest sending more than one dude to Bravo.
^ Credits to Mics R4 Chumps

Legundo
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:08 pm

Red team breakdown comin tonight. And this isn't a strategy for the whole game, basically just the first minute.

Wolf
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: WolfNOR
Location: Kaupang south of the real Middleearth,Norway. Ready to enter Valhall The realm of Odin

Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:08 pm

I usually drive straight to tank. Up in their face. Red team never makes it w/out running a lot of guy's there. What I do in start of game as red is run as far to the right as possible for jumping in tank. I always see guy's goosing over there and die. I often get the tank, and also almost every time get the gauss hog easy. The rocket guy and a possible enemy banshee seems to be the problem. So I'm perfering like 2 guys running to banshee. and the rest of the team running tank. Perferably one sniping over to horseshoe, trying to pick of rocket guy or guass turrent. And maybe a red hog goaing there. Yeah, Blue team starts with an advantage. Does not mean they will win.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpwDo6ysP74 My Halo 4 Hogtage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3rgB2BHMyo Part 2

Legundo
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman

Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:23 pm

Red team strategy is up: http://www.reddit.com/tb/16ctgq

Edited for image fit. ~Duce

Bloody Initiate
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Bloody Initiate

Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:31 am

Legend Zero wrote:
Red team strategy is up: http://www.reddit.com/tb/16ctgq

Edited for image fit. ~Duce

You don't account for red sniper. That's one of the most important things you can do on red side.

Here's what you do:

Send one less guy to Bravo, as much as I emphasize going there you'll have a clearer line to it from your spawn later in the game.

That one guy uses Camo + Mobility. This is his mission: Sprint to sniper rifle, activate camo the moment before you get it, scope in for a quick mongoose kill if possible (It will save your guys on tank spawn from getting boarded, because they won't be positioned to DMR him off the tank so he'll get the 'nade in before he dies).

After the mongoose kill get your @$$ behind that rock to your right because the Gauss will get a line on you just a split second after you get the sniper rifle. Your next target is the blue rockets. He's easy to see and kill. Don't aim for the Gauss, he's knows you're there and he'll see your name light up even though you're camoed (You need to sit still with camo for more time than you have in order to avoid getting spotted).

Your primary targets are the mongoose and the rockets. If you fail to kill either one then it's very unlikely your tank will survive.

If the Gauss doesn't show up then it's coming from your left and you need to camo and get to the right of your rock. That rock will give you enough cover from every threat in the beginning of the game except a gutsy banshee pilot. Once the tank is secured or destroyed you need to disappear. You can pull back into the base or go right, the base is safer but your team probably needs to migrate away from red spawn in order to later control the Gauss spawn.

Red team are nomads on Exile, they don't live anywhere too long before they need to pick up and move again. This is hard on snipers, but if you killed those rockets and at least pinged that mongoose then you did your job. Now hide like a sniper and focus on getting a spree the Blue team won't believe.

That's the strategy I use as red team sniper and it makes a big difference. The mongoose can be hard to hit sometimes because you only have a very short moment of freedom before you need cover, once you're behind cover it will be too late to hit him. Aim for the body if you're not confident in a headshot because then he'll be one-shot for your tank guys. The rockets go down easy because they're not looking for you, they're looking for headlights on the tank.

If you're lucky, later the Gauss gunner will get stupid and turn his turret toward banshee and you get an easy headshot. More likely he'll see one name on the screen and his driver will sit there with him until he kills that name, and that name is your name. More and more randoms just post the Gauss in tank corner instead of moving around with it. It's actually easier when the Gauss goes around banshee side because he's easy to get cover from and often they'll pull it out tank side and he'll expose his back to you. Never try to snipe him when he's looking at you unless you're certain of your camo though, because he's a much harder headshot than you are. If the blue team really goes crazy and attacks your spawn hard you're probably better off emptying the sniper rifle into the Gauss Hog itself, doing enough vehicle damage to make sure teammates finish it later, you won't be of this world by that point.
^ Credits to Mics R4 Chumps