Get in the Hog if you want to live!

imweakusee
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: imweakusee

Invasion: Frontline

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:20 pm

This is one of the many maps I have constructed but only my 4th attempt at an invasion map. I have went and redid this map on multiple occasion trying to get it just right. The spartans are attacking. i keep getting told to remove the vehicles but they are there to assist you and i made it so you cant get on vehicular manslaughters that easily and in order to you really need to know how to avoid a barrage of grenades, AR fire, DMR fire, ect. I have built in 4 differnt ways to reach the core on the top platform of the tower. the story behind the map is this:

The UNSC has discovered that the covenent is in possesion of a map to another HALO ring. Its the job of 6 sole UNSC spartans to extract this map and return it their entrance point where a falcon is comming to air lift them out.

The spartans spawn with 1 grenade in a small area with rocks for cover and about 4 DMRs that are not often used. In order to advance to the tower they have 2 territories they can capture. The elites spawn on the opposite side of one way shields at the 2 territories and have 2 needle rifles they can obtain. They also only spawn with 1 plasma. After the first phase is finished the spartans must penetrate the tower using the bomb they are given. The are given a sniper and a rocket each with only 1 clip and 2 warthogs(default). the elites must defend this area using the 2 ghosts, focus rifle, and fuel rod(1 clip) that they are given. After penetrating the tower 2 teleporters on each structure next to the ghost will spawn giving instant access to areas next to the core. there are 2 elevators that go to the top core area and a final telelporter under the first ramp that telelports you to the level right below the core. the core is covered by 3 portable shields(might edit this and make it 2 depending on the responses i get). After obtaining the core they must get from the top level back to the ground(2 telelporters or jump down) and return to their original spawn area where a falcon will pick them up for transport(not really just part of the story).

Map: Frontline

Game Type: Invasion: Frontline

Screen Shots:
pic 1: Phase 1 objective
pic 2: Phase 2 objective
pic 3: Core
pic 4: Core Capture point
pic 5
pic 6: map overview
Last edited by imweakusee on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luv Gunn
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Luv Gunn

Re: Invasion: Frontline

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:20 pm

This map is all queued up for download. I wont get to look at it for a few more hours but it looks a bit small to hold 12 people... plans on a playtest anytime soon?

imweakusee
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:25 pm

Yea i know it seems small for 12 people but thats when its the most fun. i had a play test with older versions and i even have a video of an older test run(not rendered). im actually planning on doinging a test run of the newer version tuesday with my other group around 8pm est if you would like to join in. just send me a msg on xbl so i remember your GT and i can invite you.

non-rendered test video: Test of Frontline

imweakusee
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:05 pm

Well nevermind about that playtest now.I have gotten the red ring of death and currently have no means of getting on live aside from xbox.com. it may be sometime before i get a new xbox or have this one repaired.....