Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Houdini
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HouAmI

Help! How do I...

Mon May 30, 2011 2:52 am

As some of you may know, I like to make maps in Forge. Although many of you may not have seen any of my creations, that doesn't mean I don't make em. I have designed and started designing several maps to date, some of which I may not go back too and finish. Over the various maps, I have never tried to make a Slayer (4v4, 5v5) map that can be played both in Slayer and Swat. Until now...

I started working on a map that uses several similar elements to Asylum. I wanted to make a good small-teams map that looked decent and played well. As for whether it does those two things or not is up to those that play it when it's done.

I've been a bit sick lately and decided that I could just sit in peace working on the map today. Turns out, I scrapped a large part of the original idea and nearly finished the new idea all within a few hours (not a big map, so it wasn't that hard). I'm now at the stage where I have to add spawns, weapons, and safe/kill zones.

And this brings me to my question. What do I have to do so I can have say rockets/shotgun spawn in a normal Slayer variant, and not have them spawn in the Swat variant? Is it automatic with the gametypes, or do I have to set something in forge? Pretty simple I would think; I just want to get it right the first time.

Help would be much appreciated, and I will be looking for testers once I finish the map. Thanks for your time,
MIA 2010 Spartans Never Die
BerserkerBarage
Ice Devil 13

Yozi
Gunner
Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Yozi

Re: Help! How do I...

Mon May 30, 2011 5:08 am

The SWAT gametype has the setting "Weapons on map" set to "None" by default (or is it "pistols only"?), so you don't need to worry about it. Since SWAT is a variant of Slayer, I don't think that kind of thing could be done in Forge even if you wanted to.

Looking forward to seeing the map! :)

MADbull
Apprentice GP
Apprentice GP
Gamertag: Vv MADbull vV

Mon May 30, 2011 8:47 am

ill b there for testing!!!

Houdini
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HouAmI

Tue May 31, 2011 1:54 am

Thanks Yozi, it is set to "No Weapons" which is good. I just have to set up the other gametypes now, since SWAT is quite easy. Thanks for the help, and Madbull, I'll let you know when the time comes.
MIA 2010 Spartans Never Die
BerserkerBarage
Ice Devil 13