Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Yardbird92
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: Yardbird92

The Halo Forge Epidemic: Invasion Forging Guide

Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:42 am

What is The Halo Forge Epidemic?
We are a YouTube channel dedicated to finding the best community forge creations and introducing them to the community. These creations include, but are not limited to:
Forge World Glitches
Custom Games and Maps
Aesthetic Tips and Tricks
Infection Tips and Tricks

And of Course:
Invasion Tips and Tricks

After meeting one of the channel's popular hosts in an Invasion lobby, Ablesir Thomas and I offered to extend what we had learned about the the invasion gametype to help create a more competitive gaming experience. And thus began the Invasion Tips and Tricks chapter of THFE!

Able and myself have been somewhat slow in producing informative videos, but we have begun to help the forging community better understand the basics of what makes an Invasion map play like an Invasion map. Through our own trials, as well as some assistance from many Wheelmen like Sarge and LuvGunn, we have begun to see a slight shift in the Custom Invasion quality. Granted, most maps are far from MM quality, we are getting closer and we are seeing better starting points.

In our videos, we stress the importance of fireteams and the roles they must play in a given setting, encouraging players to work with their battle buddy rather than against them. We challenge forgers to stick to the foundations of Invasion, such as SvE, Standard loadouts, proper territory applications, etc.

Here I will keep an updated list of our Tips and Tricks videos, as well as a list of our map features.

Invasion Tips and Tricks
Episode 1: Basic Invasion Mechaincs
Episode 2: Invasion Labels
Episode 3: Getting Staarted
Episode 4: 3 by 3 Theory

Map Features
Invasion: Broadcast by HWM RJ

I will try my best to keep this page updated as we add more videos and features. Additionally, If anyone has any requests for Tips of Features, I would love to hear them, we are always looking for more video ideas!

Hope you enjoy the videos,

-YB

Oakley HiDef
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: Oakley HiDef

Re: The Halo Forge Epidemic: Invasion Forging Guide

Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:16 am

Yeah its a good idea to get something like this posted here so we can generate more interest and potentially have people come forward and offer ideas for new episodes.

I made a similar post on forgehub.com