Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Fett2oo5
Apprentice GP
Apprentice GP
Gamertag: Fett2oo5

True Dodgeball !!!!!

Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:48 am

Ok as some of you know from my mass-message last night, I have taken a Dodgeball map from ForgeHub and modified it to make it MUCH more fun.

There are no weapons, and LOTS of grenades. It's a 1v1 - 6v6 map, there is a trench in the middle, that you shouldn't cross. You have normal shields and 110% health. (I may update it later with 90% shields and 100% health depending on how the tests goes, and what people think)

If you just DL just the map, you will have to use the honor system not to cross the gap. BUT if you DL the Game Varient, there is a "Sink Line" in the middle.

Basically it's a King of the Hill game variant. The "Hill" is in the trench and if you try to cross it you will be sucked down. Cause the Hill is 50% movement, and 200% gravity, and your shields deplete, so you aren't coming out. AND the other team has a free shot at you !!

Only reason it is KotH is so there is a trench, there are no hill points ALL points are from Kills.

I took all the weapons out (except Hammer) so that it is all grenades. The original had weapons like BR and Snipe but then I thought people would only use the weapons and it wouldn't be dodgeball =(

Map : True Dodgeball Map - Link Temporarily Down
Don't forget the Game Varient !!!!! Or you will ::FP:: and that would be ::FAIL::

Game Varient : True Dodgeball Game Varient - Link Temporarily Down

I tried it out with Duce and Chico last night and it was a lot of fun. Duce eventually brought in friend so it was me VS them. Loads of fun!

I can't wait to try it with 4v4 or 5v5!
I'm really excited about this map and game type, I hope you guys like it!

-Fett
Last edited by Fett2oo5 on Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All your bird is belong to the word

Fett2oo5
Apprentice GP
Apprentice GP

Re: True Dodgeball !!!!!

Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:14 pm

Ok guys, True Dodgeball needs some adjusting, to make it much more Fun!

I will have new Map and New Variant up next week (maybe Tues), I'll keep you posted. If you like you can Delete the current one you have, if you have DL'd it already.

A BIG Thank you! To all the people that put up with me this past week and for being my "test subjects" Your input and opinions were Great!

I'll changing up Grenade spawns, Kill limit, Time Limit, and I'm gonna try out some things to be able to have a player be "Out" when they die and then be able to be brought back in once their alive teammate kills someone from the other team. I won't promise anything but I am gonna try it.

Hope to get you True Dodgeball 1.1 sometime next week. Have a great weekend!

-Fett

~Loki~
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Loki Kola

Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:14 pm

Hmmm, a player out, hey? But couldn't that potentially result in one team being forced to play with 5 players until they get a kill, and then the other team would have to play a player down until they got a kill?

If you're going to masturbate, please don't do it verbally.

Imt: A very rare species of sea creature, that tends to live on peoples faces. The only living one at the moment is currently occuping houdini's face.

Unhuman Anomaly
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman

Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:38 pm

I hate the trench - it's like that blue light and I'm a mosquito...I just wanna jump in!!!!

~Loki~
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Loki Kola

Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:31 am

There needs to be some sort of roof - ColdHotChoclate kept knocking me over the edge and out of the map when we were playing with you, Fett. I actually killed him through the bottom of the map, I think.

If you're going to masturbate, please don't do it verbally.

Imt: A very rare species of sea creature, that tends to live on peoples faces. The only living one at the moment is currently occuping houdini's face.

HWM What Name
Apprentice Gunner
Apprentice Gunner
Gamertag: HWM What Name

Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:00 am

I downloaded the map, and i loved it! played it with Dthen, Spidergoose and some other guys, i think it was rather amusing, so good job on that one!! :D
What

Penny is wise
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Penny is wise

Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:15 am

Fett did you ever figure out the options to make people sit out if they are dead?

Fett2oo5
Apprentice GP
Apprentice GP

Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:49 pm

No I didn't penny, and to be honest I wasn't able to devot a lot of time to it either. Since then I have been trying to get a Laser'tage rolling, and trying to absorb the new maps. Not only that but work has gotten much more demanding, I have to do some of it at the house in between chores.

When the maps came out, I started to wonder if I should make a new arena in the sand or something. I don't know. I'm gonna try to settle my life down a little bit, maybe then I can get some time to deal with frustration of Forge. I'll let ya know man, thanks for asking though :)

Penny is wise
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Penny is wise

Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:11 am

Shoot me an invite if ever you want help to figure this out and I can show you.