Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Mr Morningstar

Improve Forge

Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:33 pm

Forge is awesome, but far it's far from perfect. What would you like to see bungie do to improve forge? For me, I would love it if when you had an obect not spawn at start, that a mesh outline would appear so you know where you placed it, this would help greatly with inter locking objects. I would also like to see them make it so that object would float in air when let go of in forge mode, but movalbe object would fall once you go back to human mode; then when you go back to forge mode again, the movable object would instantly respawn to their placed postistion. Another much need improvement is for object to lock angles, and not change angles when bumped into other object. Lastly, most people might agree, is map-maker system. Where you can raise and lower the ground, added senery (rocks and trees), and custom color scheme for map (enviroment ccontrol, snowy, desert, forest, urban, etc.). Maybe, considering how popular forgehub has got, if enough people ask, Bungie will create a whole game revolved around forge. Where you can make you own map, save it to your hard drive and up load it to Halo 3. The one problem I see with this lag, maybe. If you have any ideas of your own or just totly love the idea of forge being its own game, leave a comment. Can't wait to read all the intresting ideas to guy (and ladies) come up with!

Ja Red is Ninja

Re: Improve Forge

Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:57 am

Those suggestions would ruin forge. What we have now takes skill and patience to make something impressive.

Heretic
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: Heretic o1

Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:08 pm

Heretic wrote:
I'd like to see Bungie pass the torch to the users. Put some map creating software out on the net and let the people create new maps. This software would be similar to the built-in forge editor, but would enable a user to develop a map from scratch. They could give a database of stock textures and such, so it's just drag and drop, or for advanced users they could let them model new architectures and shapes. Then, let them be able to upload those map files to their file share to be played on the custom games. Unfortunately, if this happens, you'll see a lot less emphasis on the Matchmaking playlists, so also Bungie could hold a vote to see what maps should be included in the MM playlists. ::thumbs::

this

Live to 'hog, 'hog to live.

"Having the ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent"- Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Master
::panic:: Team Shenanegans!!!!!!! ::panic::

Apathy
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Apathy

Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:11 pm

Ja Red is Ninja wrote:
Those suggestions would ruin forge. What we have now takes skill and patience to make something impressive.

I have to dissagree, I think that the amount of actually GOOD creations would explode. I would love to see that implimented into forge. That would be truly amazing.

Plus, you don't just bash someones oppinon like that. That's just not cool man...

Ja Red is Ninja

Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:15 pm

Apathy Enrage wrote:
Ja Red is Ninja wrote:

I have to dissagree, I think that the amount of actually GOOD creations would explode. I would love to see that implimented into forge. That would be truly amazing.

I have to say that it would truly ruin what forge was started to be. If you want to make a level, play Halo 2 PC. You can do anything on that game!

In my opinion, all user created maps with this change would typically look good but nearly none of them would play good because any nub cake could make something sexy

Psyfireman
Wheelman
Wheelman
Gamertag: Psyfireman

Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:43 pm

Ja Red is Ninja wrote:
I have to say that it would truly ruin what forge was started to be. If you want to make a level, play Halo 2 PC. You can do anything on that game!

In my opinion, all user created maps with this change would typically look good but nearly none of them would play good because any nub cake could make something sexy

I must dissagree with this statement. Although having more maps available in general. Admitidly, some of them would be crap. The above stated options would give people the opportunity to create MORE great material. Since the time would be drasically decreased with these changes, more people would be willing to put in shorter amount of time to make a killer map.

I have some good ideas, but I am not willing to set alone in forge for hours on end trying to get a line of boxes straight. If the time was cut drastically by enabling me to position and lock certain opbects in place, I may be willing to attempt to produce my ideas. As it stands now, I work overtime, I have a wife, and real life, I don't have the time to set around doing something I don't enjoy that much. These changes would increase the fun for me.

P.S. - We usually don't call other people's ideas dumb around here. A lot of people have opposing opinions. We must be able to look at them maturly and decide what is best for ourselves. As I was trying to express, my opinion is different than yours. I don't dissagree with yours, I just think I like mine better.

Try to express your opinions a little more politely next time please.
Admin of HaloSphere2

brickfungus wrote:
there are plenty of communites better at halo than us, but i challenge any to comradery and we will pwn them.

haveaniceday
Role Unknown
Role Unknown

Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:52 pm

Hey do any of you have any maps youve created in forge? also can u give us a link where we can download it??!?

Mr Morningstar

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:43 pm

hey guys, thanks for thr replies. I know most of you are a little aggitated by what Ja Red is Ninja said, but I honestly don't thinks it's that big of a deal. Sure it's his opinion but its hard to read someones tone over the internet. I don't think he wasn't trying to be mean, but he just doesn't want something so awesome to be ruined. Being good a forge is a very intense skill that not to many people have and you can tell how these people are because their maps look the best, but if it were easy to forge, then everyone's map would look just as well and the ture forge master would be lost in the vast majority of ignoraunt forgers. Ja Red, please understand that these ideas weren't made to destroy forge,but just to make it a little less tedious and time consuming.

I had another idea no one seemed to mention, and Ja Red, you might even like this one; you how in forge when you try to pick up a box and you just want to move it a little to the left, and when you pick it up the whole box moves really far away from or really close to you. Well this happens be cause when you pick an object up, you pick it up where the blue tear dorp is and and the tear drop is alway in the center of the object. So when you try pick it up by the cornner or side the object moves to the center of your screen and often blocks you vision, making it so you can't see where you have to place it. I think it would be a blessing if bungie made it so you could pick an object up by the corner with out it trying to center it's self.

StoredGrunt360
Gunner
Gunner
Gamertag: StoredGrunt360

Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:04 pm

The only thing I would really like to see is something like a snap-to feature. Like with fences, walls, etc. I find it hard to line up a wall when making a map.
Something else that would be cool, but impossible would be a feature like "place at start" but have it to where the object disappears after a while. Like say there is a wall on an infection map that is holding back the wave of zombies, but there is no way to release them without using a teleporter or something. That would be cool if you ask me.
Thanks for the sig Zer0!

Zer0
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Ah Zer0

Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:30 am

Ja Red is Ninja wrote:

Ja Red is Ninja wrote:

psyfireman wrote:
We usually don't call other people's ideas dumb around here.

psyfireman wrote:
Try to express your opinions a little more politely next time please.

Exactly.... Thanks fireman.