Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:15 pm

Reply. ::thumbs::

Yozi
Gunner
Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Yozi

Re: Come help test a map!

Tue May 19, 2009 8:21 am

Ummmmm... well this is awkward. ::lol:: I was searching for the thread about Sahara when I saw this thread. I'm pretty sure it used to be about playtesting said map. What happened? I call mod shenanigans. :P

Anyway, I played LAN Flag on Sahara v2 for the first time yesterday. To use a phrase I recently discovered; it was "hella f ::cens:: n' balls-to-the-walls awesome". Playing it is actually kinda reminiscent of playing a Battlefield game. If there's ever an H3WM LAN, THIS MAP HAS TO BE PLAYED.

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Tue May 19, 2009 2:46 pm

lol, half the kills can;t even be seen on the game viewer...

Anyway, about the third or fourth game, the spawnkilling got out of hand. I would like to apologize to the victims, and assure you that myself and Consumed are trying to work up a solution. Any CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions please put them here.

Yozi
Gunner
Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Yozi

Tue May 19, 2009 4:17 pm

While the linked-to-the-ground skybox bases are a really, really cool idea (the ability for long range vertical sniping/gaussing between the skybox and ground is amazing, for one), I don't think the "one-way-in-one-way-out" mechanic of the teleporters is gonna be very fun in the long run. Aside from the very risky "Banshee surfing" way (can somebody teach me how to do that plz? :P ), those teleporters are the only way to get to and away from the flag.

A different solution (maybe for a different but similar map) would be to put those "skybox resources" into making the ground bases cover a larger area and/or building more structures/cover out on the dunes where players could spawn. Hopefully the latter would make the dunes play a little more interestingly, especially on foot (not that I don't enjoy the vastness of the dunes, but a BR can only reach so far).

When playing I didn't spend much time in the middle area of the map, but whenever I did, I was happy you guys had put so much cover there. It's relatively easy to spot someone in there because of the lightning, unlike when they're out in the "dark", on the dunes.