Get in the Hog if you want to live!

PirateSolo
'11 HogOff Runner Up - Driver
Gamertag: PirateSolo

Preserve

Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:54 am

OK. Found myself drinving the prowler the other day for the first time in a long time. My gunner dose'nt like it so we don't use it. Well I ended up having so much fun getting a triple splatter I decided time to make a map. Here is what I came up with. I know many people are'nt fans of how dominant vehicles can be on sandbox so I kept it at just prowlers. Let me know what you think, and yes do to lack of creativity I recreated parts of sandtrap, but it works and I threw in a bunch of sweet jumps.

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserC ... =101215875

Wepons
Image x 2 respawn 180
Image x 2 respawn 120
Imagex 2 respawn 120
Image x 2 respawn 120
Image x 2 respawn 60
Image x 4 respawn 60
Image x 4 respawn 60
Image x 4 respawn 60
Image x 2 repawn 60
Imagex 2 resawn 60
Imagex 2 repawn 60
Image x 8 respawn 10

Vehicles
Image x 2 repawn 60
Image x 1 repawn 120
Image x 4 respawn 30

Equipment
power drain x 2 respawn 90
bubble shield x 2 respawn 60
grav lift x 2 respawn 60
regenerator x 2 respawn 60

Starting spawn. Notice the cover of areas like sniper. on the opposite side is plasma gun with spike nades

I like playing CTF due to the flag spawns. Well placed grav lifts would save one the time of the 3 jumps to get up there.

Rockets located where laser was on sandtrap. Deployable grav lifts are just up the ramp

Fuel Rod Gun located in a small structure designed to be driven through like the downed pelican on Sandtrap

Perminant gravlifts in place at both these stuctures

Preserve
by PirateSolo
Last edited by PirateSolo on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Houdini
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HouAmI

Re: ProwlerPreserve

Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:18 am

WOOOO! Operation Sweets Jumps is a GO! Sounds like fun pirate. I will see what' it's like. ::thumbs::
MIA 2010 Spartans Never Die
BerserkerBarage
Ice Devil 13

PirateSolo

Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:28 am

OK. So it took me about 12 hours but I redid the entire map so that it would have more space. So far I have gotten alot of positive feed back from people on my friends list. I recomend a game of multi flag CTF. Here is the new map.

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserC ... =101215875

Yozi
Gunner
Gunner
Gamertag: HWM Yozi

Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:20 pm

Looks like a fun map. Never seen anything this close to a Sandtrap remake before, which is a little weird since it's such an obvious idea.

I do wonder how the BR will work on this map, what with the prowler having such a limited range and all... it's gonna be more of an anti-vehicle weapon than usual. For once, BR starts might actually not be the best option. Maybe the six BR's placed around the map would need to have reduced spare clips, too. Or at least some of them.

Another thing to consider is that the flag spawns might be a little hard to get to. It's maybe not so much the placement that I think should be changed, but the structure; you need to do some delicately timed jumps just to get up there. You never see this on a Bungie-made map. They make ramps instead.

Just my thoughts. Anyway, I'd be happy to play some customs on this map sometime!

PirateSolo

Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:49 pm

Yeah great minds think alike. I originally had more BRs on the map but took them out for those very reasons. I left the ones where they are to draw people to those areas.

I'm not sure which version of the map you got but the most recent one I took out one of the jumps to the flag. Someone showed me how to get the block to be flush with the obliesk. Thanks for the feedback.