Get in the Hog if you want to live!

PirateSolo
'11 HogOff Runner Up - Driver
Gamertag: PirateSolo

Hogoff

Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:07 am

With a desire to practice more hog v hog with my gunner against other warthog crews I came up with Hogoff. The idea was simple. I wanted a map that was known for its warthogging so I used Standoff. I deleted the laser, the rockets, and the shotgun. I put an extra warthog at the back of the base in the trench to the back door. And I also made it so that bubble shields had a 2 minimum so they would almost always be there. I took out all the respawns on the inside for a reason. but put 2 starting spawns inside the base where you would expect to spawn. I then added a gauss hog but we will get to that later.

For game play I had to set it to 3 kills per round. (1 was not enough and 2 was not an option) I figured that once you destroyed the other teams hog (2 kills) you could then quickly spawn kill the 3rd. (hence the reason behind no in-base repawns). Thus ending the round and starting a new round with fresh hogs at both bases and fresh starts. With all things fair in war nothing is a garuntee. Just becouse you kill the hog, maybe they were able to get away from a swan kill. Maybe they stuck your hog or picked up a brute shot and did their worste. All things being equal I put a 2 minute time limit on the rounds (the last thing you want are some trash talkers to go rogue from the reservation and start camping in a base and getting an occasional lucky strike) So here is where the gauss hog comes into play. When the voice announces that there is 30 seconds left a gauss hog appears inside each base next to the birthing canal door. If you find yourself in a position where you are trapped in the base or wish to get an edge up on the other hog, be ready to have that door open so you can make a speedy exit and a swift finish to the round. Now I know there may be some hesitations out there about having gauss hogs in a hogoff, but let me assure you it does'nt happen often. No team is going to camp inside the base for 90 seconds waiting for a warthog advantage and if they do you can be ready to do the same.

Here's the map EDITED 12/5
http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserC ... =102200975

and here's the varient (I thought it best to have the varient's name describe the game so that you don't have to do much explaining to the trash talkers you just picked up from the last game. This way you don't have to wait to have them eating led)
http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserC ... =101988507

Let me know what you think and if you see me online I'd love to go around or 10. We can always use the practice. (Pumbaa loves to get his munchies... Pumbaa get angry when he has'nt been fed... We don't like Pumbaa angry)

Gauss Cave
Last edited by PirateSolo on Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Torque
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Torque

Re: Hogoff

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:36 am

yea i downloaded the maps i think it will help in the hog vs hog battles. I think its a good idea, and if anybody sends you a 1v1 to show how MLG he is we can say no we like 2v2 and if your so good you should be able to stop are hog lol but im going to take it for trainning thanks havent played the maps yet but thanks in advance.
Drive it like you stole it.
Hog driver for hire.

PirateSolo

Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:26 pm

TwiztidTorque wrote:
and if anybody sends you a 1v1 to show how MLG he is we can say no we like 2v2 and if your so good you should be able to stop our hog lol .

Great minds think alike. Thats been in my bio for months now!

Icebird
Double Mythic
Double Mythic
Gamertag: HWM ICEBIRD

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:53 pm

I like this map/gametype because it's great to practice hog vs. hog. The warthog is probably the 2nd biggest threat to a warthog only to laser so getting used to taking one on is huge.

Also, since it's 10 rounds you pretty much HAVE TO mix up what you do to try and gain an edge. If you get a 4 round game if you do the same thing every time and you're playing against people who have a clue you have to mix it up in matchmaking to keep an edge.

Since the other team on the hogoff map is going to mix it up as well it's nice to see the variety that can get thrown at you in a matchmade game. Give this map a shot! It will improve your game and awareness in matchmaking.
~ HWM ICEBIRD ~
~ 117 Consecutive Weekly Challenges Completed in Halo: Reach ~
~ 2010 & 2011 Hogoff First Loser ~

Check out HWM ICEBIRD'S Halo Videos!

Luv Gunn
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Luv Gunn

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:43 am

It might seem a little awkward but you could have one of each team spawn over the edge of the map, fall to their death, get -1 kills, THEN spawn next to their team mate who is ready and waiting by the hog. When a team kills two people their net score will be 1 kill and the round could be over.

Of course you'd have to make sure the Starting Spawns were far away from the surface and not facing each other or even in view of one another.

Anything crazy like swords starts or 50% speed (to ensure hogging and no shenanigans)?

PirateSolo

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:20 am

I have had to update the map. People insist on playing in colors other than red or blue messing up the spawns. Plus other players wanted to watch. Now there are 6 spawn starts in the base allowing for more than just 2v2 if desired but not recomended. So far Spectators have been able to stay out of the match, just watching, no call outs.

Map Update
http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserC ... =102200975

As far as putting swords at start or making the players move slower, I wanted to keep it realistic. If they don't want to get in the hog, thats fine by me. Shenanigans are welcome, that just makes it easier for us. Plus that's the whole perpose behind Halo multiplayer, the ability to play against an opponent that can think!