Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Luv Gunn
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Luv Gunn

Halo 4 Forge Content

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:56 pm

343i has stated that they will be working with the Community Cartographers to provide forged maps upon release. While we've been given no specifics yet what type of maps/gametypes are wanted or needed I'm here to ask: What type of maps would YOU like to see? This is strictly a preemptive strike to when/if any Cartographers are asked to work on Halo 4 content. Keep in mind that this would be a forged map so saying something like Blood Gulch is kind of a waste but other than remakes are there any TYPES of maps.

A few examples would be "Symmetrical BTB map of two bases in a Gulch" which would cover Blood Gulch, Valhalla, or the like while "Asymmetrical 5v5 map for 1 flag" could cover Last Resort and High Ground.

Even if you have a specific Idea I'm all ears. Remember to consider what we know about Halo 4 so far, including that everyone will have sprint, the AA's unveiled, specializations, and new weapons/vehicles/grenades etc.

This isn't limited to BTB, of course, but we ARE a warthog community so its what first came to MY mind.

MLG, BTB, Griffball, Revball etc. I don't discriminate. I'm all ears but remember this is just something that I'm doing and NOT (as of yet) something that 343 has officially announced or implemented.

Discuss.

DOM
Legendary Gunner
Legendary Gunner
Gamertag: HWM DOMIN8

Re: Halo 4 Forge Content

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:30 am

Symmetrical BTB. Period.
Retired Admin (even though current "leadership" doesn't acknowledge it.)

Wheels36
Heroic Wheelman
Heroic Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Wheels

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:48 am

I agree. A good symmetrical BTB flag map. Those were sorely lacking in Reach.

Also REVBALL! .......but be kinda hard with no revenants in Halo 4....

OboeCrazy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: OboeCrazy

Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:48 pm

If the rumors of no Invasion maps are true....how about some Invasion maps? The expanded Forge pallet means I think Invasion could be "recreated".
This sig available for rent.

Slagathor

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:32 pm

I have nothing against the creativity of the forging cartographers, though i do feel that people should have some more choice in the matter when it comes to mm. I know people who have dropped reach entirely over not liking the forceful mandate of community maps into core playlists. I'm not saying that there bad, imbalanced or distastful, all im trying to say is that they should give players the "choice" and "keep" the choice that they will add intially. The choice being a combination of mixed/core, dedicated and anti communiy map playlists. I don't want to hear that it's to much upkeep from 343, when this game is going to explode on release day. We really don't want to see them roll out another anniversary dlc" this time in the community pretense", then say ok 3 months elapsed now were going to remove your options and force your hand. This seems kind of in favor of the artists over the players, i really hope this won't be the case but only time will tell ::?:: .