Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Tims

August 2019 Member of the Month

Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:56 am

It's time for another interview, and this time it's with one of our new Admins: Monster!

How and when did you find the site?
I found the site back in 2011 when I was a liaison for the Halocharts Big Team Battle team. I knew of the Wheelmen from early encounters in Halo 3 BtB when I used to run with NamelessHero, and eventually through the years and various teams and communities I found my long-lost home as a true blue wheelmen in 2016.

What got you into Halo?
When I was younger, my older step-brothers had an Xbox, and they would play halo 2 with their friends and do LAN style setups at our house. I would watch/play every now and again with them, and absolutely loved the game, from the campaign, to the PvP aspect. It wasn’t until midway through Halo 3’s lifespan that we eventually learned to unplug our router and whatnot to connect through the xbox, thus giving me my first taste of online gaming.

What's your preferred playstyle?
My playstyle has always been as a floating support player. Even in the early years of my big team adventures, I was never the pilot or driver, less skilled than my teammates with power weapons, thus putting me on the ground and maintain positions and helping wherever was needed. I tend to play fairly aggressively, and in the past year, I’ve noticed myself becoming too aggressive while in parties, but if I had my way and could build a team, I would meander the battlefield, never a priority or thought in the other team’s mind.

Where did your gamertag come from?
When I was younger, I used to skateboard a lot with a small group of friends. Back in those days, there was a website for skaters, that you could make a profile and upload videos and images of yourself skating. People could also get “sponsored” at some minimal level, and a lot of my friends and I got free Monster through this and I figured, if it works there, it can work online too.

Any favorite Halo memories?
Truthfully, many Halo moments tend to be fuzzy due to the longevity of the games, and just how long we’ve been playing it. But I have to say, a few stand out.
My first non-griffball killionaire. Happened not too long ago, Tom was driving me as we played a sandbox variant, and one thing led to another and hey-o a killionaire. Good enough to get spotted in a SingleHaloClips Video (
).I don’t recall the match specifically, but allegedly Cheeseball and Myself used to be good in Invasion (all invasion knowledge came directly from the wheelmen). We went in and got accused of holding the objective as a two man squad because we were just that good.
Any and all competitive BtB and Warzone matches against squads. I fell in love with halo because of big team competition, and win or lose, those matches were some of the greatest times I’ve ever had. Hosting the tournament through Halocharts however, was not.

What are your other favorite gaming series?
Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Bioshock, Far Cry, Assassins Creed to name a few series.

What is your favorite food?
Tough question, gun to my head desert island single food choice, I believe I would say Pepperoni Pizza. Though who are we kidding, food is too great to have a single option. (Close second, Ming’s Beef from my hometown Asian Gardens restaurant).

Tell us something about yourself that we might not know!
I graduated in 2018 with my Master’s in Clinical Psychology (no intention of getting a PhD) and have been working at a VA Hospital doing research with Schizophrenia since that time.
As for a personal fun fact, when I was a child, my mom lost me in Disney World when I was 7 or 8.

Any advice for newer members of the community?
Don’t be afraid to get involved. This could be hoping in parties, creating events, suggesting changes, whatever it may be. Without dialogue and activity, this place would cease to exist, and I certainly do not want to see this haven go.

Shoutouts! Who do you want to shoutout?
Sarge, the wheelmen I’ve known the longest and had to put up with all the teenage angst (even some college). Without his kinship, there is no chance I would be here today.
Criporc, for showing me the containment reigns in halo 5 to get me up to speed and just being one of the most interesting people I’ve met.
All the Destiny Squad, for answering all my questions for me being years behind and still never truly being caught up.
Tims, for putting these together, month and month and saving me many headaches and hassles.
And finally, Zoga and Consumed, for making discord always a place of pure entertainment when I am bored at work and just need a relief.

Big thank you to Monster for taking the time to answer these questions!
2/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame