Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Muffin
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Muffin

Film Breakdown and Analysis

Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:30 pm

A thread to showcase learning moments. Format each new game as Player Name/Character/Map [Season #/Month/Day]

Wiggles/Ana/Route 66 [Season 4/March/28th]
Point 1, Defense; Positioning, Sleep Darting Tracer.
Spoiler: show
Clip:

Comments: I liked that you can see all of us very quickly from your initial position, but the fact is that it's hard to hit shots from that distance. You do a good job at first, but the split second it takes for you to line up the shot on our Soldier gets him killed (although he shares that blame too). I'm okay with you pushing your range, but make sure you're more accurate than not. Huge play hitting the sleep dart on the Tracer, which could've evened us out and ensure that we hold a bit longer, but keep in mind that Ana was recently nerfed in her damage. You now only do 40 DPS a shot, and Tracer has the ability to recall your grenade. A better play would've been to call out to me on Reinhardt to pin her, and just leave to go heal our team/chip away at Pharah. If I take too long to respond, it's better for you to be closer to me anyways, and it's unlikely that Tracer kills me

Wiggles/Mercy/Hanamura [Season 4/March/28th]
Point 2, Attack; Awareness, Ult usage.
Clip:

Comments: I liked that you directed Jon backwards so you could fly up, and that you were looking around for flankers and staying behind me. It's a small thing, but it really shows your awareness growth. Do this more because if you watch Jon's POV, you see you miss a couple opportunities to heal him. I think you missed an opportunity to rez here however, as two of us were dead, one (Jon) with an ultimate we were game planning around. Making that play keeps us from staggering and Diva has a lot of health and is very mobile, so you can build ult charge quickly off me.Without the rez, this push was dead, as Swift was down low positioning himself to Graviton, I'm up top drawing fire, two of us are dead and Dragon is in Narnia or something as he tries to find his way around the map

Point 3, Attack: Solo Rez.
Clip:

Comments: I'd be okay with this Rez if we had just killed their Diva. Our plan at this point was to kill the Diva (so that she couldn't eat our ultimates), then Graviton into Barrage, followed up by my Self Destruct. The Barrage is a crucial part to get rid of the Rein shield, so if we had just killed Diva I would like the play, because I would've been calling for Swift to Graviton, and by the time it was off Jon would've been in position and we could've ran our attack. We do kill Diva as a result of your play, but by that time Soldier and Bastion are aware of Jon so he's dead, and the Reinhardt knows that he can earthshatter without any consequence. I would've liked for you to just let Jon use the teleporter unless we had just killed Diva and it looked like the Graviton was going to hit.

More from this game to come