Get in the Hog if you want to live!

WatchGrassGrow
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Grass

The Final Double EXP Weekend

Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:06 am

It's coming up sadly... I think it'll be the one after this one. Unless this one's being delayed because it'll be the last one, and they're making it Super Extra Amazingly Awesome like they promised. Either way, it'll be here soon. Anyone as sad as I am? DXP Weekend wasn't just great for the Experience points, it had some of the best game types on it. Reach may not continue it with all of the Daily Challenges and such.
I've seen a lot of people say that there won't be a need for it because of the challenges, but again, DXP Weekends had the best Game types, and with Bungie going to be busy with their next project... well who knows what'll happen.

Hopefully though, Reach will have some kind of "Fun Time" weekend thing, and continue they idea of a special game type for the weekend, and maybe even a Daily Challenge that has to do with it. Such as "Get an Overkill with the Chaingun on Power of Tower." Ah... wouldn't that be amazing? ::thumbs::
You just read this incredibly tiny text for no good reason, and have nothing to show for it.

Proud Sponsor Of: M3CH4 N1NJ4, Thee Jazzy

Ninja
Master Gunner
Master Gunner
Gamertag: UndeadHank

Re: The Final Double EXP Weekend

Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:08 pm

yeah it is sad to see it go :(
but they're going to have cool playlists on reach showing off player created stuff and such so it will be K
i only wish i could be there to give it a last sendoff ::roll::
HAVE FUN! ::lol:: ::flex:: ::bump:: :wave:
::hog::
BTB Random.

OcR Precision
Heroic Ground Pounder
Heroic Ground Pounder
Gamertag: OcR Precision

Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:52 pm

I don't think they'll suddenly just move onto their next project like you suspect.

Bungie is pretty invested in Reach (I guess that's self explanatory though), and I really have faith in them that they'll be here to keep it running smoothly. Compared to other developers, Bungie listens very well to their community.

I was wondering the same thing about the continuation of DXP, though. Who knows. You're right about the gametypes though. Team melee was one of my most memorable favorites ::lol::.
♫But I turned and followed
A road that left me hollow
And still you waited for me to come back home
You brought me home...♫

WatchGrassGrow
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:00 am

OcR Precision wrote:
I don't think they'll suddenly just move onto their next project like you suspect.

Bungie is pretty invested in Reach (I guess that's self explanatory though), and I really have faith in them that they'll be here to keep it running smoothly. Compared to other developers, Bungie listens very well to their community.

I was wondering the same thing about the continuation of DXP, though. Who knows. You're right about the gametypes though. Team melee was one of my most memorable favorites ::lol::.

No I know they'll stay with it. I mean come on, they just ended Xbox Live support for Halo 2 this year, and probably only because they had to.
I'm just concerned that they won't keep the fun playlists alive.
You just read this incredibly tiny text for no good reason, and have nothing to show for it.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:56 am

I don't remember where it was posted, but Bungie will not do anymore DEXP playlists for Halo 3 after Reach drops. They'll allow us to continue playing it, but DEXP is going to end.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

WatchGrassGrow
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman

Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:03 am

H3WM Sarge wrote:
I don't remember where it was posted, but Bungie will not do anymore DEXP playlists for Halo 3 after Reach drops. They'll allow us to continue playing it, but DEXP is going to end.

I know that. I'm saying I'm worried that Bungie won't bring a fun playlist every weekend over to Reach simply because of the fact that they won't be doing DXP Weekends anymore.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:39 pm

I think the same article I read about it said we'll have double-credit weekends instead.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

l33t4life
Contest Loser
Contest Loser
Gamertag: l33t4life

Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:00 pm

H3WM Sarge wrote:
I think the same article I read about it said we'll have double-credit weekends instead.

Read this as well.

I think it is for all playlists, however. Or that is what I gathered from it.

WatchGrassGrow
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman

Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:00 pm

I read that article but I don't ever remember anything about Double Credits Weekend. I'll have to go look for it I suppose.
I did find it, but I don't see anything about Double Credits Weekend, or any plan to do anything like that for Reach. If someone else wants to take a look though... http://nikon.bungie.org/bwu/index.html?item=284

Chuckar0o215
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: Chuckar0o215

Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:08 pm

So Im onine and....Double EXP is up ::shock:: :| ::help:: :shrug: ::FP::
ImageImage