Get in the Hog if you want to live!

OcR LouieBlack
Legendary Wheelman
Legendary Wheelman
Gamertag: OcR LouieBlack

Spreading the Love

Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:54 am

This topic was brought up when discussing Hog vs Hog fights, however this tactic can be used when fighting ANYTHING that isn't "one shot kill" (example: tanks, gauss, snipers, lasers, rockets)
SpecOps wrote:
when i come around a corner my gunner starts shooting first at the enemy gunner yet i die some how first...? :shrug:

LouieBlack wrote:
there's a maneuver a lot of us "experienced" drivers use called "spreading the love"
its pretty simple... spread the bullets out between you and the gunner.

what that means is that when you come into a Hog vs. Hog fight... the other team's gunner will most likely be shooting the gunner (as we've decided is the best way to win this fight)

what you should do as the driver is keep your gunner alive... and the best way to do that is to put YOUR BODY in the way of the enemies bullets.

Watch where the tracer bullets are coming from, do a "donut", spin around and start taking the bullets instead of your gunner. The "auto aim" of the Hog turret will direct the bullets to YOU instead of your gunner, keeping him alive long enough to finish the fight (at least a MUCH better chance of survival)
most times, if you are paying attention and have practiced this maneuver, you will find that "spreading the love" actually keeps you both alive most fights (granted, you will BOTH be low/no shields)
if you are the 1st person being shot, spin around to let the gunner take the 2nd half of the bullets.... if he starts getting hit first... spin around so that you take the 2nd half of the bullets.

Back me up BK!

here's an example of "Spreadin da Luv"
spin around so that bullets hit those who still have shields to spare

Spreading the "Love"

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Re: Spreading the Love

Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:26 am

Speading the love is the best tatic when fighting Hog Vs Hog.
By spinning in circles you spread the damage of the bullets to you and your gunner therefore it takes longer for both of you do die. If you add a passenger to the mix the hog gains more health which gives you a large advantage when fighting another hog, not only to you have more defence the passenger can also fire back at the other hog.

How damaged the warthog is another factor if you will win or not. A badly beat up hog were the window is broken and the faceplate of the turret is destroyed isn't going to do very well against a fresh hog. However having your gunner shoot only at their gunner and "speading the love" will help to balance these things out.

Tell tale signs of when to spin/ STL is if your shields are rapidly going down therefore turn to let your gunner absorb some of the damage. Doing this allows but of you to stay alive longer and you should be able to come out on top and your shields will go down at a slower rate.

Sig by TuffJuice

Syience
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Syience

Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:34 pm

as far as this tactic goes what maps can u NOT use it on?

ive done it many times on avanlanche and it worked to perfection, but i assume tht it probably wont have the same affect on rats nest, and i recall it not being as effective on standoff.

your thoughts?

EDIT:
i also find it less effective against:

Hornets- their height advantage allows them to shoot the whole hog
Wraith/Scorpion-1 shot of a scorpion will shred you to pieces and a wraith shot has no problem hitting a relatively stationary target
Guass-a few shots from their gauss may flip you
choppers- never do this against a chopper their bullets will flip u or they will boost and splatter u
Spoiler: show

OcR LouieBlack
Legendary Wheelman
Legendary Wheelman

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:26 pm

H3WM KrazyKobe wrote:
as far as this tactic goes what maps can u NOT use it on?

Rats Nest is prolly the only map i personally wouldn't try this one, only because the close quarters of the hallways coupled with the ease of frag flipping the hog keeps you from doing stationary donuts effectively.

H3WM KrazyKobe wrote:
i also find it less effective against:
Hornets- their height advantage allows them to shoot the whole hog
Wraith/Scorpion-1 shot of a scorpion will shred you to pieces and a wraith shot has no problem hitting a relatively stationary target
Guass-a few shots from their gauss may flip you
choppers- never do this against a chopper their bullets will flip u or they will boost and splatter u

Hornets have less powerful turrets so I would still try this tactic if needed. As long as no foot soldiers are close by (or paying attention to you) it really doesn't "hurt" anything by doing a quick 360. Driving straight toward the Hornet will cause the bullets to focus on the driver and spinning around and running away will focus all bullets on the Gunner (and possibly the face plate).
Choppers have bullets that physically pushes the hog (much like the guass cannon). doing ANY turn or e-brake maneuver will cause your Hog to loose all ground contact and begin the tumble out of control. A good tactic to try against choppers (more specifically their bullets) would be a "nose down". I like to consider it "leaning" cause I've found that even leaning your "camera" to the extreme left/right it will cause the hog to push back against these bullets.
Gauss Hogs are pretty much the same as Scorpion Tanks, this maneuver won't help in any way (except it's JUST the Scropion's turret that is left alive, then it will work perfectly). The only thing I can say to take out either of these foes, sneak up behind it.... and "good luck".
Wraiths wont be needing this spin move either (unless it's to avoid the turret). I personally find Wraiths to be pretty easy to take down as long as you can keep a constant circle around it, or sneak up behind it.

So to recap I would only use the "spreading the love" maneuver against small arms fire (AR / BR) and all Turret weapons.
::flex::

CruelSirDemon

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:34 pm

wow this helps me out a lot no wonder i die first I'm the only one getting shot at ::FP:: next time I'll make my gunner take some thanks louie :D

Syience
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman

Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:53 am

Hey louie thx fir clearing tht stuff up. With experience I think ill get a good feel on wen to pull the 180 to swap the sheilds of my gunner to myself or vice versa.

OcR LouieBlack
Legendary Wheelman
Legendary Wheelman

Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:20 am

Kobe, you're already Legendary homie... you got this far w/out spinning around every now and then?

I bet you do it w/out even thinking about it... just pay attention... you instincts can't be that far off ::thumbs::

Bloody Initiate
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Bloody Initiate

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:45 am

Kobe does it. First time I ever gunned for him he not only would spread the love in every hog v. hog fight but he even announced it in his mic. That was actually where I learned the term, I was gunning for this dude I'd just met (Kobe) and he starts spinning the hog around yelling "spread the love" into his mic.

Btw it worked ::thumbs::
^ Credits to Mics R4 Chumps

Syience
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:09 pm

lol really bloody? i dont recall lol although sometimes i do announce it i dont recall u gunning and me announcing it lol. but yea i guess i must do it alot instinctively lik u said louie lol

Mallets
Apprentice GP
Apprentice GP
Gamertag: HWM Mallets

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm

I've never thought of anything like that before I will definetely use it in the next time I'm in the gunner seat.
ConsumedFever wrote:
"ive got dick fever"

A Unholy Turtle wrote:
Side effects of Kool-Aid include: rape.

Heroic Wheelman
Heroic Wheelman
Gamertag: AH Haut

Fri May 01, 2009 4:10 am

actively tried this in matchmaking really does help great tip guys keep them comming

Vxv h3r0 vxv
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman

Sat May 02, 2009 9:15 am

dude this works soo well . . . i took on 2 hornets yesterday one right after the other and it is a hella good move. thanks!

MISSILE PODS? HA. . I EAT THAT SHIT FOR BREAKFAST LUNCH AND DINNER

Vxv h3r0 vxv
Apprentice Wheelman
Apprentice Wheelman

Sat May 02, 2009 9:19 am

and another trick like i really enjoy doing is right when someone throws a frag at you if you keep driving at the frag (and its timed right) then you will get blasted towards them and most likely splatter them :) good luck

MISSILE PODS? HA. . I EAT THAT SHIT FOR BREAKFAST LUNCH AND DINNER

Bloody Initiate
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Bloody Initiate

Sun May 03, 2009 8:52 pm

H3WM KrazyKobe wrote:
lol really bloody? i dont recall lol although sometimes i do announce it i dont recall u gunning and me announcing it lol. but yea i guess i must do it alot instinctively lik u said louie lol

Yep, really. It was Avalanche and we defeated at least two enemy hogs in a row. Further details are hazy in my recollection. I remember the move, I remember you announcing it, I remember thinking you were a little weird but a good driver, and I remember it working on two different enemy hogs in the same life one after another.

Nothing to be embarrassed about, while I thought it was a little strange so is tying a string around one's finger or beating the shit out of misbehaving electronic equipment...but it WORKS. It hasn't discouraged me from hopping in your gun since, in fact it's done just the opposite.
^ Credits to Mics R4 Chumps

OcR LouieBlack
Legendary Wheelman
Legendary Wheelman

Mon May 11, 2009 12:14 pm

here's an example of "Spreadin da Luv"
spin around so that bullets hit those who still have shields to spare

Spreading the "Love"