Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Jonesy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: l Jonesy I

Re: Halo:Reach Multiplayer Bomb-LIVE

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:14 am

It said "Active Roster"

I don't know if thats a new gametype, cos it then showed a clip of a Spartan standing in a ring, looked like KoTH.

But to me, "Active Roster" makes me think of people joining mid-game? Like MW2. I don't know if they'd do this or not. Just a thought.
Don't take life too seriously, or you'll never get out alive

crunchUK
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: a3ec

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:21 am

Jonesy wrote:
It said "Active Roster"

I don't know if thats a new gametype, cos it then showed a clip of a Spartan standing in a ring, looked like KoTH.

But to me, "Active Roster" makes me think of people joining mid-game? Like MW2. I don't know if they'd do this or not. Just a thought.

Makes me think of in game halo charts. Actually, that WOULD be cool. You'd get a little messages saying "#18th for banshee kills" or something in game

Jonesy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:45 am

crunchUK wrote:
Jonesy wrote:
It said "Active Roster"

Makes me think of in game halo charts. Actually, that WOULD be cool. You'd get a little messages saying "#18th for banshee kills" or something in game

Don't think you understood what i said.
"Roster" is another word for team list, (i think.) So an "active" one would be one that is in constant change. Such as players could join and leave a game whilst its in duration.

Atleast thats my oppinion of what it means.

On another note. I take it you are talking about viewing leaderboards on the game. I think this would be a v bad idea. The amount of cheating/modding that happens on MW2 must be related to the fact they have a leaderboard on the game. Even though i love Bnet and Halocharts, w/o them i think it would make the game alot less free of boosters/cheaters as there would be no way to compare to each other :shrug:

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:50 am

Well they definitely delivered on this one!

Sig by TuffJuice

HiAperture
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: H3WM HiAperture

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:57 am

Nice to see what looks like firefight returning as invasion. The new stuff looks fun and not too un-halo so far. Honestly I am glad they are taking some more risks on the gameplay like they did between halo and halo 2.

wafflynumber
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: Wafflynumber

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:09 am

It looks damn sweet, Is invasion pretty much firefight?
You touch this sig again duce and I take your cat!

H3WM alistaro
Apprentice GP
Apprentice GP
Gamertag: H3WM alistaro

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:13 am

No falcons in multiplayer?

ApocalypeX
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: ApocalypeX

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:22 am

Epic video. Wasnt too sure about all the jetpacks :/ The elites are going to also cause a fuss due to them being bigger than the spartans. But it looks fun.
wat

Penny is wise
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Penny is wise

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:18 am

Maybe you can only play as Elites in Spartans vs Elites, it might be a new gametype all together.

Torque
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Torque

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Well it looks sweet and cant wait till may 3rd, but im glad its not out now since my xbox's disc drive went out and had to send it in think this is the 3rd time in 2 years i had to send a box back. But anyway yea it look very much like halo and i think it will be a blast.
Drive it like you stole it.
Hog driver for hire.

Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Tims

Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:16 pm

This looks so awesome that I think I may cry tears of joy..
2/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Koofanator
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Koofanator

Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Ok, wasn't too excited for it until now... May 3rd won't come soon enough.
Double RROD Victim.
Highest Hog Multi-Kill: Killimanjaro
Forum Lurk: [ON] OFF
WakkaWakka wrote:
you wish you were as hood as me

Cheeseball
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Cheeseball

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:15 pm

This. Is. ::cens:: ing AWESOME!

Chuckar0o215 wrote:
-whats the deal with the symbols above the radar (thunderbolt, eye)

My guess is the symbol is the equipment/power up you are holding (sprint/camo), and the bar circling the symbol is the cool down meter for using it. Notice in the clips at 0:20 and 0:26 that the bar is depleting as the jetpack is used and the character is sprinting.

Also, there is the "personal" bubble shield it looks like, right at 0:23 (you can also see its cooldown bar get used completely as it is deployed)

Blatantly obvious, but jetpacks, going to open up a huge dimension to the game (MLG fanboys are going to disapprove, already seeing the flaming all over the youtube video)

reticule expands after firing weapon, seems simply just recoil (yet another thing MLG fanboys will hate)

Covenant weapon at 0:46, it target-locks, and seems to fire plasma-grenade-esque things, judging by the glowing blue trail as the warthog drives away then explodes ( :( )

Meleeing looks much smoother, me likey

Pistol looks like it will play a much larger role in Reach, but not as large as in Halo:CE, i like the idea of the H3 look, with the scoping, and slightly more powerful but not as overpowered as in Halo:CE

The-maps, lots of outdoorsy-type, going to favor a lot of BTB, i think Reach is going to put a bigger emphasis on the bigger team layouts rather than small-sided matches. They didn't retool the entire game engine just to barely use it.

Things to be seen:
Spartans vs. Elites- its own playlist? Would each type have its own advantages/disadvantages?
Invasion- a gametype or playlist? Yet to be seen if its just covenant vs. UNSC. Seems like a new name for 1 sided territories/bomb/any objective.
-i dont know if any of you played Battalion Wars 2 online for wii, but there was a game mode called Assault which i think could work wonders on Reach. Basically, team 1 is on offense, team 2 is on defense. Team one has a set time limit to capture or destroy a set number of objectives in a certain order. Team 2 defends the first objective until it is destroyed/lost. Team 1's spawn then moves up to that objective point, and team2's spawn moves back to the second objective, and defends the next objective. Team one has to complete the last objective (usually capture a territory domination-style) within a certain time limit to win. T2 just has to hold them off. I think this style would be wonderful to implement

Size of lobbies: I don't know about you guys, but 12v12 BTB would rock my socks.....

Excuse me now, while i go change my pants...
::bump:: ::hog::
Last edited by Cheeseball on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Helljumpers Old Guard

BUfels
Gamertag: BUfels

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:20 pm

NOOOO the pants store is closed!

From the cradle to the grave, it has been a walk of shame.

Jaime Lannister and La Dispute fanboy.

Jonesy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:29 pm

cheeseball007 wrote:
MLG fanboys are going to disapprove

cheeseball007 wrote:
MLG fanboys will hate

Seriously... your a onesided community. You "hate" the mlg community because it disrespects others, yet you guys continue to disrespect its members.

The "mlg fanboys" would actually prefer the guns to have recoil, as it would then require more skill to use; which inevitably is what they look for.
I have severe reservations about the jetpacks; but if they are only available in set gametypes that might be pretty cool.
I can't see them being overpowered into proper jetpacks, so they'd probably just add a boost to how high you can jump, rather than let you fly about the map.

I can't see Invasion being a playlist, because it would just seem odd for them to name a playlist. Chances are it's just a new gametype.

The Battalion 2 game you mentioned. That gametype seems alot like on in Battlefield BC; can't remember name though :shrug: