Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Luv Gunn
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Luv Gunn

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:28 pm

I've wanted to try a Charge/Nova combo but I don't think I would want to try it with the Adept profile with how little health/shields you get. Think it would be better starting off as a soldier or something. I don't have the background of ME:1-3 to be able to plan out that sort of stuff though. Maybe on another playthrough on down the road.

RubbrDuckE
Contest Loser
Contest Loser
Gamertag: HWM RubbrDuckE

Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:32 pm

Yeah, Sarge ran a build sorta like that and he was pretty split between Biotics and Soldier stuff
I messed with Duce and got banned. laugh at my expense...

Navi
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Navi

Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:51 am

most people are am using the bottom skill tree were it a jack of all trades plus my biotics are so dam strong just dont count out a melee build with kett sword that dose burning damage of 152 DPS plus if you are playing a Vangard class Siphoning Strike is op as well every melee hit you get you barriers back constantly you barriers never drop that plus charge give you them back so you are a one man/woman wrecking ball
"We win together we ride together Wheelmen for life"

"I always dreamed of driving but sooner or later you always have to wake up"

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:44 am

RubbrDuckE wrote:
Yeah, Sarge ran a build sorta like that and he was pretty split between Biotics and Soldier stuff

I'm finding myself caught in this situation as well with my very vanilla adept which is becoming more of a solider. Although that's mostly with the solider passives and weapon skill trees. Been running around with Peebe and Cora as my new squadmates and my god there's so much tension between them with Peebe constantly giving Cora shit.

Sig by TuffJuice

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Swift
Tumblr: throwinsixes

Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:04 pm

I just reapecced my Ryder with two core profiles, a tech one with assault turret, Remnant VI and Overcharge and then my close quarters vanguard build, Backlash, Anihilation field and Charge. Now that I have those abilities and the two profiles it means I've been able to out the rest of my points in passives from all skill trees.

In much more prefer this rather than when I maxed out biotics and had 4 biotic profiles. Not only because it's fun using different abilities other than biotics but I also don't find many short comings like I did with biotics. Also the Tech build is basically a combo build with both constructs priming allowing me and my squad to detonate constantly.

Navi
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Navi

Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:23 pm

Swift my build is when i am facing a Architect sentinel because that extra layer of protection I:E Tech Armour becomes a good strategies on insanity because when you move from cover to cover and it has the machine gun turret out it can pretty much end the fight there and then you have to be good with you jump-pack and evade to keep yourself alive. dose any one want me to start a Strat guild to beating all 4 them in the campaign?
"We win together we ride together Wheelmen for life"

"I always dreamed of driving but sooner or later you always have to wake up"

Luv Gunn
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Luv Gunn

Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:49 pm

I had a lot of glitches, bugs, and crashed games prior to last weeks patch but ever since its actually been crashing/freezing a LOT more. The other glitches and bugs are few and far between but the game will just freeze mid-action...
And its never during an "expected" time either. I would be totally understanding of a game crashing during a boss battle with lots of AI and splosions or while loading a HD cut scene or something... its crashed 3 times after managing strike teams and a few more when there is a simple black loading screen (icon in the lower right).

Anyone else had these issues?

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP

Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:01 pm

I've had to resort to manually quitting the app while using the strike team terminal on the Tempest. Thought it was my potato connection but happy to know that I'm not the only one suffering from that bug.

Sig by TuffJuice

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP

Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:36 pm

The Human Kineticist is pretty fun in multiplayer lol

http://xboxclips.com/HWM+BlacKnight/841108e4-a1e2-407e-834a-8cc601fb2070

Sig by TuffJuice

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:04 pm

No ability recharge?

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP

Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:15 pm

Swift Strider wrote:
No ability recharge?

Tried to explain this to Panda last night as to why I was using a sniper with my biotics lol
The Human Kineticist can go into "accession" mode once you've killed 6 or so enemies, when activated your powers consume a tiny amount of your shields instead of a cool down. Thereby allowing you to constantly cast abilities unless you spam too many abilities too soon or enemies take down your shields.

Really fun character to play as and I'm still levelling her up, think I was only level 7 in that clip but it was bronze lol

Sig by TuffJuice

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:15 pm

Ah. I assume that's one of the passive bottom abilities. Things I'm noticing with the more rare classes is what sets them apart is their main abilities but rather the passives or something like their evade/melee. Like the Salarian Architect has a Cryo Gauntlet as his melee which is pretty sweet.

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:39 am

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Thu May 11, 2017 10:28 am

Looks like Mass Effect is going on the shelf for a while. BioWare Montreal has been downsized, and most of its people have been moved to other EA and BioWare studios.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/05/sourc ... e-for-now/
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Panda
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM Trash Panda

Fri May 12, 2017 8:16 am

Can't say I am surprised but we will probably still see a mass effect sequel in the future when everyone has gotten over the not so stellar release of the game.