Get in the Hog if you want to live!

WildmanCB
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: WildmanCB

Headgear and more.

Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:57 pm

Iv played both Playstation and xbox over my time. I am in need of a good headset for the Xbox1. For my Playstation I had the Playstation Eleat. It could control game to chat volume, bass, game type and had a master volume.
Is there anything out there like or similar to this for the Xbox1? Complete wireless is good but I just need something that has crisp volume for chat mainly because I can't hear so well at times from work. I have trouble distinguishing voices and commands. Last clan I was in was on Playstation and I was like a Forest Gump in the army, I basically got my orders before the match and did it. Then I basically was a sniper from there. I need any and all suggestions.

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Re: Headgear and more.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:01 am

What's your price range?

WildmanCB
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: WildmanCB

Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:11 am

I'll go as high as $200. I'm the only one who will be using them. I have 3 kids and the oldest is 11 but we make sure we hear his chat. Long story there.

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:27 am

I had the XO Seven for a long time without much complaint. The headband was a bit noisy (the creaking was picked up by the mic) and after a couple years of regular use, the headband kind of broke down. I ended up getting Astro A50s off Craigslist for $180 and they are fantastic. If you're willing to go the used route, I'd highly recommend Craigslist or pawn shops to get into a higher quality bracket.

A friend of mine got the PD Afterglow headset for $100 and seems happy with it. His voice seems a bit distant, but it's not hard to hear him and it doesn't seem to pick up too much ambient noise. This article may help, but the $200 range is kind of a dead zone.