Get in the Hog if you want to live!

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Duce plays Single Player

Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:23 pm

I've been talking for quite a while about how I need to catch up on some of the single player experiences I missed out on while playing so much multiplayer over the past few years. I figured that a good way to do this would be to stream so that you could all chuckle as I struggle through old games.

I'll be using this thread to catalog this experience as well as take suggestions on gameplay or games to add to my list. I'd really like to do some OXB titles like KOTOR, but for now I'll be sticking to anything playable on the X1.

The list thus far:
1. Bioshock
2. Bioshock 2 or Infinite (I may skip 2)
3. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
4. Red Dead Redemption

I started my single player stream of Bioshock last night. It went okay, but I got lost for awhile. Here's the video, I will update this thread and OP as I play more.

Monster
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Title: Admin
Gamertag: HWM Monster

Re: Duce plays Single Player

Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:28 pm

I don't know if there's comparability for it, but I loved played The Godfather, very standard with the movie.

Fable is also good series sadly the first is the best and probably can't get it on X1.

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:31 pm

Yeah I love Fable, they were actually the only single player games I really got into between Halos. Lost Chapters is BY FAR the best but the 360 backwards compatibility was buggy so even if they put an emulator in our emulator I doubt it would be a viable option.

Copadope
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM Copadope

Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:30 pm

Oh, man. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is one of those games that I think everyone should play. It really uses the medium of videogames so powerfully and in such a unique way to tell that story. I love it. And it's only three hours long.

brickfungus
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Title: Owner
Gamertag: HWM BrickFungus

Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:24 pm

Bioshock tip: in an emergency (or anytime, really) if you smash a heal station, you'll get 1-2 health packs, but it will be destroyed and you can't use it anymore
THIS SHOULDN'T BE HERE

I'M A LEGEND IN MY SPARE TIME

Fundastraz
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: The Fundastrazs

Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:59 pm

I would LOVE to see the Red Dead Redemption playthrough. I have never actually played that game (ya, ya... pitchforks and mobs are coming now), but I wanted to see what it looked like from a familiar perspective.

Copadope wrote:
Oh, man. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is one of those games that I think everyone should play. It really uses the medium of videogames so powerfully and in such a unique way to tell that story. I love it. And it's only three hours long.

THIS. The game is REALLY good and great for story. Perfect playtime, too.
Even as a completionist, I enjoyed it.