Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Cheeseball
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Cheeseball

Links/Tabs/General comments

Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:22 am

Few General comments

Haven't said it really yet but the overhaul looks damned amazing; however here are my suggestions

Streams Tab - if we are going to be streaming, we should add a tab to the top detailing online/offline streams. If embedding is an option, let's do that too!
Social media links - there's nothing linking our twitter, youtube, or any streams on our home page or forums that is easily viewable
Waypoint company - there should be a link to this somewhere too
Shoutbox likes - requoting and saying "xxx likes yyy comment" is really clunky, can we get a thumbs-up or heart icon next to the chat lines when someone likes a particular message?

Not really a site request but a request to blue users; please get better looking images for your avatars, the low-res ones look like garbage on the roster page
Helljumpers Old Guard

il Duce
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Title: Drinking Coach
Gamertag: HWM il Duce

Re: Links/Tabs/General comments

Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:23 am

Change my avatar? NEVER!

Cheeseball
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:24 am

You'll just have to re-capture the moment

IN HD
Helljumpers Old Guard

Jackie
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Title: Developer
Gamertag: HWM Jackie

Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:17 pm

Streams Tab - if we are going to be streaming, we should add a tab to the top detailing online/offline streams. If embedding is an option, let's do that too!

Good idea, we can look into that at some point. It could either be an internal forum page or an external page.

Social media links - there's nothing linking our twitter, youtube, or any streams on our home page or forums that is easily viewable

On the forums there are social media links in the footer, for any links on the external pages we'll have to wait for Ducke to have some free time as that is his domain.

Waypoint company - there should be a link to this somewhere too

Agreed, I'll look into this as well when I get a chance.

Shoutbox likes - requoting and saying "xxx likes yyy comment" is really clunky, can we get a thumbs-up or heart icon next to the chat lines when someone likes a particular message?

The chat is made by someone else, I just modify it in small ways to suit our needs. Doing this would require changing the javascript/php and adding new functionality that would need to be reworked every time the dev released a new update to install. Going to say no on my part, but anyone else who wants to look into it is free to do so.

As for the Avatars, they are limited in size to 100x100px so that the forums load quickly. If we increased the size limit it could severely slow down the forums for mobile users or users on slower/older devices. We could possibly add a new profile field for blues that would let them add a better picture for roster purposes. I'll look into it soon.

Cheeseball
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder

Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:22 am

Oh another thing, since zero shin brought it up in the shoutbox, is there a way to get some box or icon to show who's online XBL, like next to our shoutbox?
Helljumpers Old Guard

Thee MC
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM MC

Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:05 pm

Is there no way to restrict avatars by file size instead of dimensions?

Jackie
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Title: Developer
Gamertag: HWM Jackie

Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:45 pm

You can only limit avatar file size for Avatars uploaded to our server, it doesn't work on Avatars that are linked from elsewhere. Which is what everyone has.

There is already another topic discussing a friends list. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15226