Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Guides

Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:41 pm

We've transferred the Warthog guide to the guides tab and added starts for all the maps in video format.

Additionally, I've updated the original Warzone guide with our adjustments, included the start for Noctus, and added the three primary roles for each squad.

For those who have already seen the guide and just want to know the important stuff, here are the primary roles for each squad we've formalized:

ASSAULT
  • Base Clearer - Coordinates the base push, calls the interior setup
  • Assassin- Coordinates the boss steal on the enemy side, or takes down major enemy threat.
  • Bodyguard - Power slays to anchor objective pushes

BACKUP
  • Driver - Primary Hog. Maintain map control; kill enemies in transition near contested areas. Upgrade to stronger ground vehicles.
  • Gunner - Slay everything from the turret. Upgrade to aerial vehicles.
  • Floater - Find drama. End it.

CONTAINMENT
  • Anchor BR - Holds the strongest position in the major area of contest. Coordinate other two members
  • Support BR - Hold the flank of the power position to create cross fire
  • Flank BR - Move around the anchor position being held to shoot enemies in the back

DEFENSE
  • Sentry - Survey the map and keep the entire team positioned well.
  • Boss Slayer- Takes out bosses and puts useful power weapons in play
  • Ranger- Long range fire to strengthen the containment anchor.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Re: Guides

Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:39 pm

The squad-specific guides are out now. I will make a Front Page post after we finish finalizing the Bosses guide in the next day or two. Check out the Guides tab on the navigation bar and check them out. Should clear up a lot for people.

YellowTailx
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM YellowTailx

Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:29 pm

Sarge wrote:
The squad-specific guides are out now. I will make a Front Page post after we finish finalizing the Bosses guide in the next day or two. Check out the Guides tab on the navigation bar and check them out. Should clear up a lot for people.
- Pingggggggg

Hell yeah, looks bomb everyone nicely done! I was just about to fire up the console to cap some images for Floater - but looks like it's already done! Anymore work needed on Backup 2.0/any other squad Sarge?

"By Grabthar's hammer...you shall be avenged!" - RIP

Navi
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Navi

Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:45 pm

Yellow you joining into tonight?
"We win together we ride together Wheelmen for life"

"I always dreamed of driving but sooner or later you always have to wake up"

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:49 pm

YellowTailx wrote:
Sarge wrote:
- Pingggggggg

Hell yeah, looks bomb everyone nicely done! I was just about to fire up the console to cap some images for Floater - but looks like it's already done! Anymore work needed on Backup 2.0/any other squad Sarge?

They're always in development. I'm leaving their threads intact for now so everyone can keep suggesting changes. For now, we can focus on cleaning up some other things.

The next big project is indexing the Halo 5 forum so important threads can be found quickly.

Thee MC
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM MC

Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:35 am

Excellent work all around on these. Not only does it support our own growth but it fosters rapport with other communities and players. Top quality here!